Call of Duty: WWII is no different in this regard, and should follow the typical cadence of post-release macro-monetization (season passes, paid DLC, etc) that facilitates a steady stream of new activities, maps, weapons, etc. to keep players active and sticky in the online network.
"Microtransactions are in the game all the time, and the developer may push some minor updates or tweaks and balances, but those are not--at least they did not use to be--big drivers for any revenue spike. New content introduction always was, because it's new content and hardcore Call of Duty players are used to that schedule and they expect to have the opportunity to buy into the content they want," Elena affirmed, underlining that gamers are willing to pay for content they want.
Call of Duty WWII has a good chance of competing against Black Ops 3's titanic reign and has come swinging out of the gate. For reference, COD:WWII made $500 million in just three days, whereas Black Ops 3 made that amount in just one day.
"WWII isn't quite there [to Black Ops 3's numbers], but after the very unsatisfying Infinite Warfare performance there's a return to the roots and re-establishing of the franchise. So in the long-term thanks to lootboxes being in the game and Activision pushing for more and more additional content and digital revenue, long term the initial offset may be mitigated. Eventually, depending on how well Activision does and how well they balance the game and new content, CoD WWII may perform better than Black Ops 3."
"Even now it's performed very close to Black Ops 3."
Although lootboxes may be a big boon for publishers, they can also be a bane, as EA recently found out with the dreaded Battlefront II controversy.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 124 Switch games require paid subscription to play online
- Telltale Games shuts down, future games likely cancelled
- Capcom sell limited-edition classic Mega Man 2/X cartridges
- Intel increases 905P Optane SSD capacities to 1.5TB
- Soulcalibur VI trailer reveals Raphael, Prelude to Madness
- ASUS Garage Mod AIO Gaming Rig: 8700K TITAN X 3440x1440
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games