If you're lucky enough to own a Radeon X1800 graphics card already, you shouldn't be reading this because you should be already making your way over at our File Library and getting the latest drivers - this month we're hosting the Catalyst 5.11 Final WHQL exclusively on TweakTown.
Performance increases with the latest Catalyst driver is excellent, there's no doubt about it. Anyone with an X1800 should upgrade to these drivers as they do absolutely everything right, we see very solid performance increases in Half Life 2, Doom 3 and Quake 4 and when the release notes become available, we'll more than likely also have a bunch of bug fixes added as well.
While we would have liked to see the ability to test the X1600XT and X1300, we cannot due to the 5.11 driver not supporting these cards. We have our fingers crossed that we'll be able to test these graphics cards in the next driver release. Please don't email us with hate mail - you've been told why we haven't tested the X1300 and X1600 this month.
These drivers are a really big deal for ATI as they are bringing in a breath of fresh air for people who want to upgrade to an X1800 and with X1800 Crossfire being available soon, we are all going to want as much performance as possible. ATI are working hard to tweak their newest generation and things are starting to pay off.
ATI seem to be well and truly heading in the right direction as far as performance goes but the bigger point - we need to see store shelves stocked up to the roof with a lot more of their new graphics cards and motherboards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA celebrates 50th anniversy of Moon landing with RTX
- Endgame Gear's new XM1: the world's fastest gaming mouse
- Valve working on codename Citadal, is this Half-Life 3?!
- MSI launching 8 different custom Radeon RX 5700 series cards
- Cats movie trailer: the worst looking movie EVER?!
- AMD Ryzen 7 3700X: RTX 2080 Ti NVLink vs. GTX 1080 Ti SLI
- AORUS motherboard: all the fans stop for few seconds after POST
- AROUS motherboard: fans stop after boot for few seconds
- Kingston KC2000 High-Performance NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock X570 Taichi (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- Introducing the AVITA LIBER: the Windows notebook combining fashion, individuality and performance
- Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Takes Flight in August
- Infinito Formally Announces Ecosystem Utility Token, INFT
- Toyota Supports Tokyo 2020 with Specially-designed 'APM' Mobility Vehicle
- Sharkoon SKILLER SGM3