If you're lucky enough to own a Radeon X1800 graphics card already, you shouldn't be reading this because you should be already making your way over at our File Library and getting the latest drivers - this month we're hosting the Catalyst 5.11 Final WHQL exclusively on TweakTown.
Performance increases with the latest Catalyst driver is excellent, there's no doubt about it. Anyone with an X1800 should upgrade to these drivers as they do absolutely everything right, we see very solid performance increases in Half Life 2, Doom 3 and Quake 4 and when the release notes become available, we'll more than likely also have a bunch of bug fixes added as well.
While we would have liked to see the ability to test the X1600XT and X1300, we cannot due to the 5.11 driver not supporting these cards. We have our fingers crossed that we'll be able to test these graphics cards in the next driver release. Please don't email us with hate mail - you've been told why we haven't tested the X1300 and X1600 this month.
These drivers are a really big deal for ATI as they are bringing in a breath of fresh air for people who want to upgrade to an X1800 and with X1800 Crossfire being available soon, we are all going to want as much performance as possible. ATI are working hard to tweak their newest generation and things are starting to pay off.
ATI seem to be well and truly heading in the right direction as far as performance goes but the bigger point - we need to see store shelves stocked up to the roof with a lot more of their new graphics cards and motherboards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz