If you're lucky enough to own a Radeon X1800 graphics card already, you shouldn't be reading this because you should be already making your way over at our File Library and getting the latest drivers - this month we're hosting the Catalyst 5.11 Final WHQL exclusively on TweakTown.
Performance increases with the latest Catalyst driver is excellent, there's no doubt about it. Anyone with an X1800 should upgrade to these drivers as they do absolutely everything right, we see very solid performance increases in Half Life 2, Doom 3 and Quake 4 and when the release notes become available, we'll more than likely also have a bunch of bug fixes added as well.
While we would have liked to see the ability to test the X1600XT and X1300, we cannot due to the 5.11 driver not supporting these cards. We have our fingers crossed that we'll be able to test these graphics cards in the next driver release. Please don't email us with hate mail - you've been told why we haven't tested the X1300 and X1600 this month.
These drivers are a really big deal for ATI as they are bringing in a breath of fresh air for people who want to upgrade to an X1800 and with X1800 Crossfire being available soon, we are all going to want as much performance as possible. ATI are working hard to tweak their newest generation and things are starting to pay off.
ATI seem to be well and truly heading in the right direction as far as performance goes but the bigger point - we need to see store shelves stocked up to the roof with a lot more of their new graphics cards and motherboards.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dbrands Nintendo Switch skins guarantee no damage to device
- PowerColor teases Radeon RX Vega Nano prototype
- AMD teases Ryzen 7 2800X, could be a 10C/20T beast at 4GHz+
- Xbox One could soon have 120Hz high refresh rate option
- Valve picks up Campo Santo, Firewatch developer
- FS 40 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9+ (www.BizFests.com) 128GB $8,520
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit