If you were expecting large leaps in performance from the ASUS ROG Strix RX Vega 64... you'll be disappointed. If you were expecting big drops in temperatures, you'd also be wrong. I'll cover all of this in the full review in the coming days, but ASUS does what they can with the ROG Strix RX Vega 64.
One of the best parts of what ASUS has done with the card is that with the fans spinning at 100%, the card isn't awfully loud, unlike the reference AMD cards which are freakin' monsters when their fans are cranked up. During all of my benchmarking the card would stick under 70C with the fans at 100%, roughly the same results as the reference card, but it was magnitudes quieter than the reference card with the fans at 100% speed.
All in all, if you want to get a Radeon RX Vega 64 graphics card, then the ASUS ROG Strix RX Vega 64 is for you. More so if you're a FreeSync monitor owner, and didn't want to make the shift to a G-Sync display. I wouldn't bother buying reference right now, jump straight into the arms of the ASUS ROG Strix RX Vega 64 instead.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharkoon release the S1000 Micro-ATX case range
- FSP release 2000W dedicated mining power supply
- Black Friday sales sees Oculus Rift down to just $349
- Elon Musk receives approval for tunnel under LA
- Samsung could unveil the Galaxy S9 at CES 2018 in January
- Jaybird X3 Wireless Earbud Review
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Bluetooth
- ALiveNF6G-VSTA motherboard: squematic and dump BIOS
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ