We received a lot of email in regards to our Sapphire X1800XL article all asking the same question - "why is it that you and every other site doesn't overclock any of the X1800 cards?" The answer to that question is simple, there is no tool out there that allows us to overclock the cards.
We knew there was such a tool out there but it wasn't available to the general public and even major websites had trouble getting a hold of the mystery program. Our attitude here though is that nothing is impossible and if one person can get it, there is no reason that someone else can't and in this case that someone else is us. After a month of annoying a lot of people we finally got an email in our inbox with the very tool we had been chasing.
Today we will be using that very tool and overclocking both the new Radeon X1800XT and X1600XT. We would have liked to also include the X1800XL but unfortunately it has left our hands for the time being. We will be overclocking the next X1800XL that makes it into our labs though which will be only a few days.
We won't say much else, we will simply have a look at the test system we are using today along with the overclock we got on both the cards and get straight into the benchmarking side of things. So let's not delay - what overclock did we get?
(Editor Note: You can download the X1K overclocking tool from our File Library which is still under construction, here.)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series