We received a lot of email in regards to our Sapphire X1800XL article all asking the same question - "why is it that you and every other site doesn't overclock any of the X1800 cards?" The answer to that question is simple, there is no tool out there that allows us to overclock the cards.
We knew there was such a tool out there but it wasn't available to the general public and even major websites had trouble getting a hold of the mystery program. Our attitude here though is that nothing is impossible and if one person can get it, there is no reason that someone else can't and in this case that someone else is us. After a month of annoying a lot of people we finally got an email in our inbox with the very tool we had been chasing.
Today we will be using that very tool and overclocking both the new Radeon X1800XT and X1600XT. We would have liked to also include the X1800XL but unfortunately it has left our hands for the time being. We will be overclocking the next X1800XL that makes it into our labs though which will be only a few days.
We won't say much else, we will simply have a look at the test system we are using today along with the overclock we got on both the cards and get straight into the benchmarking side of things. So let's not delay - what overclock did we get?
(Editor Note: You can download the X1K overclocking tool from our File Library which is still under construction, here.)
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- AMD Radeon Vega Mobile APU: GeForce MX150 performance
- Shadow of War post-launch event calendar revealed
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz