Ethereum Mining Benchmarks
This is a full list of graphics cards that we've tested so far, apart from the workstation-grade NVIDIA Quadro P6000 that I've recently received. This is a $4000+ graphics card that is for rendering workstations, data scientists, and very specific customers of NVIDIA - who aren't gaming. Even the $4000+ card only hits 30MH/s of ETH mining performance.
Without further delay, our newly updated Ethereum mining benchmarks:
Not bad, right? Just wait until you see the next chart with the overclocking scores in it. I've separated these, so if you want to share the images around you can show people the difference between stock performance and our OC results.
As you can see, NVIDIA takes the cake - but it requires the TITAN Xp, which costs $1199. If we take that out of the line up (which we should, as it's not a GeForce card), then AMD absolutely dominates.
AMD's new Vega GPU architecture really shines in the compute department, with Ethereum mining performance showing that AMD can not just compete with NVIDIA, but they can easily beat them when something is optimized to work on their GPU/VRAM architecture and technology. This is proven by the Radeon R9 Fury X still beating out the GeForce GTX 1070, and even the GTX 1080.
NVIDIA's fastest GeForce GTX 1080 Ti graphics card is the only one that can begin to compete against Vega, with the GTX 1080 Ti pushing out RX Vega 56... but not RX Vega 64. Then when we pit the liquid-cooled version of Radeon RX Vega 64, it completely dominates. We haven't even gotten to the overclocking results, which were absolutely amazing on Vega.
AMD's new Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid Cooled Edition smokes everything NVIDIA can throw at Ethereum mining, including their top-of-the-line TITAN Xp which costs $1199. You could buy two RX Vega 64 LCE cards (if you can find them, and both at $599) and have 84MH/s or more of ETH mining performance for the same price as what NVIDIA sells a single TITAN Xp for. The single TITAN Xp is only going to push 42MH/s or so when pushed to its absolute limits.
All-in-all, AMD dominates Ethereum mining - and continues this trend heavily into Vega. Now if we could just get that same performance gain over NVIDIA in games, without requiring another generation of cards. Things could get tricky with RTG's Chief Architect and SVP, Raja Koduri, taking a sabbatical from RTG through to December. Until then, we can only applaud AMD for the work they've done with Vega to see outright dominance in Ethereum mining here.
42MH/s from a single RX Vega 64 LCE! Insanity!
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The The Definitive Ethereum Mining Performance Article retails for $ at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The The Definitive Ethereum Mining Performance Article retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [The Contenders]
- Page 2 [Drivers + Claymore v9.8]
- Page 3 [Mining Performance: AMD Wins]
- Page 4 [AMD Radeon RX Vega 56]
- Page 5 [AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 + RX Vega 64 LCE]
- Page 6 [NVIDIA TITAN Xp]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks + Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Scooby-Doo's 'Shaggy' added to JUMP FORCE roster by modder
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 'Joker' stage title 'Mementos'
- Guild Wars 2 developers prep for lay-offs and restructuring
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Ti GAMING X & VENTUS XS Review
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Realms of Arkania - Star Trail available for Xbox One
- Death Mark Coming Soon to Terrify Players on Steam
- The Way Remastered Reaches Top of Nintendo eShop EU Charts
- Batman: Arkham City for macOS updated to 64-bit
- Drop into TERA x PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Collaboration on March 5