AMD Radeon RX Vega 56
The new Radeon RX Vega 56 pumps out a respectable 29-31MH/s and stabilizing somewhere in the 30MH/s range, but what I haven't read online is that once the card gets hot (70C) then the ETH mining performance comes down dramatically. Once the card reaches 70C, it drops from a height of 31.4MH/s to 28.9MH/s... before it reaches the lows of 27.2MH/s, it is stable at 28.9MH/s at stock fan settings.
AMD ships the Radeon RX Vega 56 with its 8GB of HBM2 clocked at 800MHz, but I found I could overclock the HBM2 up to 955MHz with 24/7 mining performance at a peak of 36.9MH/s. This pushed the temperatures up to 73-74C again, so I increased the fan RPM speed to 3300RPM, and the temperatures landed back at 65-66C.
Power consumption wise, the Radeon RX Vega 56 without any tweaks sat at 300W. I decreased the power on the card with varying results, but landed on -5% power limit in Radeon Settings, which resulted in 62C maximum temperature on the GPU and 285W power consumption. 15W power savings, but an increase of 8MH/s is DAMN GOOD. This is rock solid stable 24/7.
Maximum OC with 24/7 operation on Radeon RX Vega 56:
- Temps: 62C
- Power: 300W
- Fans: 2800RPM
- ETH mining: 37.3MH/s
- HBM2: 955MHz
- Power: minus 18.5% @ 1269MHz
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The The Definitive Ethereum Mining Performance Article retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The The Definitive Ethereum Mining Performance Article retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [The Contenders]
- Page 2 [Drivers + Claymore v9.8]
- Page 3 [Mining Performance: AMD Wins]
- Page 4 [AMD Radeon RX Vega 56]
- Page 5 [AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 + RX Vega 64 LCE]
- Page 6 [NVIDIA TITAN Xp]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks + Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam