New Blockchain Optimized Radeon Drivers
AMD might not like miners, at least in their public-facing comments, but the company released blockchain optimized drivers for its Radeon GPUs recently. These new drivers offer some great improvements to Ethereum mining performance, something I thought I'd test fully.
Make Sure To Use The Latest Claymore v9.8
Note: In the days leading up to getting this article up and onto the site, Claymore v10.0 was released - yet there isn't going to be a performance improvement with the new version. I will re-test the cards with v10.0 in the coming weeks, as I'm sure we will see new drivers released that could offer improved mining performance.
For all of my testing, I was using the latest Claymore v9.8 miner and running it mining Ethereum into my ETH wallet @ MyEtherWallet. I've got both stock and overclocked results, with some massive gains across the board - especially for AMD with their new Blockchain Optimized Radeon Drivers... hot damn does AMD kick ass with Vega and Ethereum mining.
Claymore v10.0: download here
AMD's new Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain Compute drivers: download here
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The The Definitive Ethereum Mining Performance Article retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The The Definitive Ethereum Mining Performance Article retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [The Contenders]
- Page 2 [Drivers + Claymore v9.8]
- Page 3 [Mining Performance: AMD Wins]
- Page 4 [AMD Radeon RX Vega 56]
- Page 5 [AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 + RX Vega 64 LCE]
- Page 6 [NVIDIA TITAN Xp]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks + Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard