New Blockchain Optimized Radeon Drivers
AMD might not like miners, at least in their public-facing comments, but the company released blockchain optimized drivers for its Radeon GPUs recently. These new drivers offer some great improvements to Ethereum mining performance, something I thought I'd test fully.
Make Sure To Use The Latest Claymore v9.8
Note: In the days leading up to getting this article up and onto the site, Claymore v10.0 was released - yet there isn't going to be a performance improvement with the new version. I will re-test the cards with v10.0 in the coming weeks, as I'm sure we will see new drivers released that could offer improved mining performance.
For all of my testing, I was using the latest Claymore v9.8 miner and running it mining Ethereum into my ETH wallet @ MyEtherWallet. I've got both stock and overclocked results, with some massive gains across the board - especially for AMD with their new Blockchain Optimized Radeon Drivers... hot damn does AMD kick ass with Vega and Ethereum mining.
Claymore v10.0: download here
AMD's new Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain Compute drivers: download here
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The The Definitive Ethereum Mining Performance Article retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The The Definitive Ethereum Mining Performance Article retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [The Contenders]
- Page 2 [Drivers + Claymore v9.8]
- Page 3 [Mining Performance: AMD Wins]
- Page 4 [AMD Radeon RX Vega 56]
- Page 5 [AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 + RX Vega 64 LCE]
- Page 6 [NVIDIA TITAN Xp]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks + Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA wants retailers to sell to gamers, not crypto miners
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series