New Blockchain Optimized Radeon Drivers
AMD might not like miners, at least in their public-facing comments, but the company released blockchain optimized drivers for its Radeon GPUs recently. These new drivers offer some great improvements to Ethereum mining performance, something I thought I'd test fully.
Make Sure To Use The Latest Claymore v9.8
Note: In the days leading up to getting this article up and onto the site, Claymore v10.0 was released - yet there isn't going to be a performance improvement with the new version. I will re-test the cards with v10.0 in the coming weeks, as I'm sure we will see new drivers released that could offer improved mining performance.
For all of my testing, I was using the latest Claymore v9.8 miner and running it mining Ethereum into my ETH wallet @ MyEtherWallet. I've got both stock and overclocked results, with some massive gains across the board - especially for AMD with their new Blockchain Optimized Radeon Drivers... hot damn does AMD kick ass with Vega and Ethereum mining.
Claymore v10.0: download here
AMD's new Radeon Software Crimson ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain Compute drivers: download here
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The The Definitive Ethereum Mining Performance Article retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The The Definitive Ethereum Mining Performance Article retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [The Contenders]
- Page 2 [Drivers + Claymore v9.8]
- Page 3 [Mining Performance: AMD Wins]
- Page 4 [AMD Radeon RX Vega 56]
- Page 5 [AMD Radeon RX Vega 64 + RX Vega 64 LCE]
- Page 6 [NVIDIA TITAN Xp]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks + Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Shazam's first trailer injects fun, and color into the DCEU
- DC unleashes first Aquaman trailer during SDCC 2018
- GeForce GTX 1170 benchmark surfaces, faster than GTX 1080 Ti
- Escape the 'Isle of Dogs' in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Z97X-SLI doesn't recognize NVME-SSD
- Design a Colorful SSD contest
- NZXT Kraken M22 CPU Cooler Review
- Question about ASROCK 970 Extreme3 1.0
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit