We Aren't Ready For 8K Gaming, Yet
I didn't buy a $4000+ display to game at 8K smoothly. I purchased display because I'm a super-enthusiast. I want the best without compromises, and here I am... with a 32-inch display with a freakin' native res of 7680x4320. It's almost too much, and I love it.
This is the world of enthusiasts, and I'm also someone who spends most of their hobby money on technology. But would I recommend an 8K display for gamers right now? No. Absolutely not.
- Are you someone who sits in front of a display all day?
- Are you a content creator?
- Are you a super-enthusiast?
- Have you ever spent $4000 on a high-end monitor in the past?
If you answered yes to any of that, then the Dell UP3218K and the world of 8K is open to you. I sit in front of a display for a living and the Dell UP3218K in Windows 10 with 175% DPI scaling is actually damn good. It's not too small, but it provides a large increase in desktop real estate while displaying beyond crisp colors and sharpness.
More To Come
We can't wrap up 8K gaming and workstation use in a single article, so this will be a huge series we'll be doing. Soon I'll be getting some data for Destiny 2 up, Battlegrounds, Battlefield 1, and much more. This is where things will get more exciting, as we'll shift away from using our Core i7-7700K processor @ 5GHz, to other CPU combinations.
There will be some comparisons between Ryzen 3 and Core i3 processors, Ryzen 5 and Core i5 processors, and Ryzen 7 and Core i7 processors. There is also a Core i7-7740K processor sitting here that I'm waiting on an X299 motherboard for, as well as X399 ready to go with AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X and its 16C/32T of CPU power.
The one big takeaway from the 8K display for gaming is that 4K gaming is absolutely incredible on it, which is from multiple angles: the Dell UP3218K is a 32-inch panel, much bigger than the traditional 28-inch 4K gaming displays out there. Secondly, the color and sharpness on the Dell UP3218K is literally out of this world. Looking at any other display feels like a disservice after using the UP3218K.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [8K: More Than Just A Number]
- Page 3 [TITAN Xp: HOLY BALLS FAST]
- Page 4 [Dell UP3218K: Best Display Ever?!]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Win a Blu-ray copy of the film on us!
- Aim for the stars in our 'First Man' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Metro Exodus' story reacts to your decisions
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Resident Evil 2 supports ultrawide monitors
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media