Ultra Graphics: Too Much @ 8K
The cards that we've got here for testing include the best from both AMD and NVIDIA, so we have the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, TITAN X(P), TITAN Xp (the new 2017 model) and AMD's flagship Radeon RX Vega 64 Liquid Cooled Edition.
Would you look at that? TITAN Xp is a freakin' monster but still struggles at 7680x4320. We don't breach 20FPS for four of the tests, while Shadow of Mordor gets close to 30FPS... other than that, unplayable is the demonstration here at 8K.
NVIDIA's super-fast TITAN Xp graphics card is the champion of Metro: Last Light Redux @ 8K, and even though it's just 14.5FPS... it beats out the 12.5FPS on both the TITAN X(P) and the GTX 1080 Ti. It leaves the Radeon RX Vega 64 LCE in its dust, with just 10.5FPS in comparison.
If we look at Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, which really squeezes the memory controller, memory bandwidth, and the VRAM itself... TITAN Xp wins. We have 26.6FPS average versus the 24.7FPS on the GTX 1080 Ti, and just 19.4FPS on the RX Vega 64 LCE.
The next step I'll be taking with 8K benchmarking will be dropping the in-game visual settings to Medium, which should increase the performance of the games before we jump into multi-GPU configurations with our TITAN Xp graphics cards in SLI.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [8K: More Than Just A Number]
- Page 3 [TITAN Xp: HOLY BALLS FAST]
- Page 4 [Dell UP3218K: Best Display Ever?!]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 showed off on next-gen Xbox One X
- Wolfenstein II can 'utilize the power' of Radeon RX Vega
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard