Radeon RX Vega 64 Performance = Beats GTX 1080
AMD isn't targeting the GeForce GTX 1080 Ti with the new Radeon RX Vega 64, and more the GTX 1080 - which is exactly where I think they need to fight.
AMD needs to collect itself after spreading itself so thin across Ryzen, Ryzen ThreadRipper, Radeon Vega Frontier, and now Radeon RX Vega. New CPU architecture. New GPU architecture. It's a lot.
Back to GTX 1080 performance, with AMD demonstrating (without benchmarks) some performance on Radeon RX Vega 64. On an UltraWide monitor (3440x1440) we're looking at much higher minimum FPS than the Radeon R9 Fury X, and the GTX 1080.
While AMD isn't able to best the GTX 1080 Ti with their new RX Vega 64, thanks to HBM2, HBCC, and the new Vega GPU architecture, RX Vega 64 seems damn good at 4K gaming.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [The Journey To Radeon RX Vega]
- Page 2 [Vega GPU: AMD Goes Next-Gen]
- Page 3 [Introducing the Radeon RX Vega 64]
- Page 4 [Cooling Tech & Detailed Look]
- Page 5 [Performance... Good, But No GTX 1080 Ti Killer]
- Page 6 [AMD Intros Radeon Packs, Major Discounts For Gamers]
- Page 7 [Pricing & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GoG slashes epic RPG prices for Witcher's 10th birthday
- Cyberpunk 2077 progressing according to plan, says CDPR
- New South Park game parodies frequent console updates
- IGN have acquired retailer Humble Bundle
- Discord introduces Verified Servers
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- Fans keep spinning after shutdown (X299 UD4)
- ASUS Lyra Tri-Band Mesh Wi-Fi Router System Review
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz
- Seagate To Participate In Consortium Led By Bain Capital Private Equity To Acquire Toshiba Memory Corporation
- ASUS Announces Z370 Series Motherboards
- New Forces Join Popular Team Group Gaming T-FORCE Series
- ECS Elitegroup Announces Z370-Lightsaber Motherboard