MCU vs DCEU: FIGHT!!!
The big battle was between the cinematic universes of DC and Marvel, with a longer trailer to Justice League - and a different trailer for Thor: Ragnarok. We might have received Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice last year, but it was another lukewarm DCEU release, something that was changed with the release of Wonder Woman earlier this year.
Wonder Woman was a fresh DCEU movie that took the character of Diana Prince, and perfectly captured her love of being a hero. Superman never got that chance in this reboot of Kal-El, even though he knows he's a symbol of hope and his family crest is the literal meaning of 'Hope,' he never allows himself to be absorbed into the hero role.
He never smiles at being able to do good or kick ass in the middle of a battle, where Wonder Woman only wants to be a hero. Something the movie explains from the very beginning when we see Diana as a little girl, she just wants to do good.
This means a lot was riding on Justice League, which even with the new trailer hasn't shown the world Superman. We know he's a big part of Justice League, but so far he has been invisible.
Marvel has come out swinging with a fresh look in Thor: Ragnarok, taking in the injection of color that James Gunn used in both Guardians of the Galaxy movies. Thor: Ragnarok has the same ripped-from-the-comic-book color pop that looks great in GotG, and another punch of comedy and fun... oh and more Loki. The more Loki, the better - especially in Thor's last journey in the trilogy of his movies.
Thor: Ragnarok's new trailer at Comic-Con was another fine release by Marvel, showing off the new color and style from GotG, as well as more of a team up movie again. A theme that has continued from Captain America: Civil War (nearly everyone apart from Thor and Hulk), and continued in Spider-Man: Homecoming (Iron-Man is heavily featured - something I'm sure Marvel spent a lot on with Robert Downey Jr. being so expensive to use).
We have Hulk and Loki, both popular characters from the first Avengers and Thor movies. Loki has been one of the best characters in the series, with Tom Hiddleston born for the role of Loki. So much so that there were Thor: Ragnarok reshoots that added more Loki, something I'm completely down with.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, What We Expected]
- Page 2 [MCU vs DCEU - The Trailers]
- Page 3 [Justice League's New Trailer - Still No Superman]
- Page 4 [Thor: Ragnarok Looks AWESOME]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG rated on the PS4 in Korea, PlayStation 4 release soon?
- Nintendo Switch Online rolled out, firmware 6.0.0 goes live
- Ghost Recon Wildlands: major sales/free from Sept. 20 - 23rd
- Dead by Daylight: 5 million units/free-to-play this weekend
- Nintendo announces Fortnite themed Switch console bundle
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- All-New Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC Power Pack Available Now
- HIIT Me Baby One More Time: Daily Burn Releases Fat and Calorie Burning App
- Silver Dollar Games Announces One Finger Death Punch 2
- Full Steam Ahead For New Star Manager
- TwelveSky2: The Limitless OBT announcement