Throughout our X800GTO Sapphire graphics cards article which we posted yesterday, we mentioned that the Limited Edition model was able to be unlocked to the full 16 pixel pipelines giving it potential to start running like a more expensive Radeon X850XT. This is all due to the fact that the X800GTO uses the same R480 core as the X850 series.
There is no guarantee you'll be able to unlock every X800GTO but the Sapphire X800GTOÂ² Limited Edition is one which is showing a great success rate. Apparently other brand cards can be unlocked as well (such as Connect3D) but we haven't had the chance to test any others at this stage.
Well, we can say we had success with our review sample from Sapphire and today we will be looking at just how the pipeline mod is done and what kind of performance increase we see from it.
So without delaying we will get straight into a step by step look at unlocking the full potential of ATI's Radeon X800GTO in the flavor of the Sapphire X800GTOÂ² Limited Edition and running it through our normal array of benchmarks to see what kind of performance increase we got from moving to 16 pipes from the original 12.
Let's get moddin'!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Modding Procedure]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bowser takes over Nintendo of America
- Top 10 Twilight Zone episodes
- New Twilight Zone trailer is full of classic throwbacks
- Apex Legends wall running, Titan mechs possibly on the way
- First PC mods available on Xbox One through 'Paradox Mods'
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure