Throughout our X800GTO Sapphire graphics cards article which we posted yesterday, we mentioned that the Limited Edition model was able to be unlocked to the full 16 pixel pipelines giving it potential to start running like a more expensive Radeon X850XT. This is all due to the fact that the X800GTO uses the same R480 core as the X850 series.
There is no guarantee you'll be able to unlock every X800GTO but the Sapphire X800GTOÂ² Limited Edition is one which is showing a great success rate. Apparently other brand cards can be unlocked as well (such as Connect3D) but we haven't had the chance to test any others at this stage.
Well, we can say we had success with our review sample from Sapphire and today we will be looking at just how the pipeline mod is done and what kind of performance increase we see from it.
So without delaying we will get straight into a step by step look at unlocking the full potential of ATI's Radeon X800GTO in the flavor of the Sapphire X800GTOÂ² Limited Edition and running it through our normal array of benchmarks to see what kind of performance increase we got from moving to 16 pipes from the original 12.
Let's get moddin'!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Modding Procedure]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlanetSide Arena unveiled: 1000-player mode, battle royale
- Overwatch League expands to Atlanta and Dallas in 2019
- Metal Gear Solid has now been turned into a board game
- LG's new 17-inch laptop rocks 16:10 display, 20-hour battery
- Fortnite dev Epic Games paves way for cross-platform gaming
- MyDigitalSSD BPX Pro Firmware 12.1 Update - Higher Peaks
- ASUS ZX53VW keyboard issue
- Seagate Game Drive for Xbox 2TB SSD Review
- GA-Z170X-Gaming-G1 and NVMe PCIe lanes
- Accell Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Six days until the new update launch of Seal Online: B.O.D!
- The SoulKeeper VR releasing a new open world campaign with new mechanics, in the form of Early Access version 2, in 2019
- The Game Awards More Than Doubles Viewership in 2018 Live Audience Grows To Over 26 million Livestrems
- Gameloft and the LEGO Group Partner to Bring 40 years of LEGO Minifigure History to Mobile
- New Breach Hero Class Trailer Highlights The Powerful Arcane Mender