Gigabyte GA-8I945P Dual Graphic
- The Layout
Now we come to the flagship of the Gigabyte I945P fleet. It's designed using a separate PCB to the 8I945P Pro motherboard but a few feature have stayed the same. First off the power and data connectors are all located at the same places as well as the colour coding scheme.
* Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro Motherboard Pricing *
The main difference is the slot layout. You will see that this motherboard has two PCI Express x16 slots. The second PCI Express x16 slot is actually a universal slot running at the x4 protocol. This means that SLI is not officially supported; however, Crossfire is a possibility if Intel goes for Crossfire certification on the 945 platform. Intel is more likely to push for Crossfire support since ATI are less of a threat to Intel in the onboard graphics (and entire chipset section, for that matter) department than nVidia.
The main reason behind the use of the second PCI-E slot is for people wanting to run Dual Graphics cards on their motherboard for adding up to four monitors. In addition to this, you will be able to run PCI-E x4 SAS and ultra mass storage controllers on this motherboard.
- The Chipsets
The chipset of the 8I945P Dual Graphic is identical to the 8I945P Pro motherboard. The I945P chipset is Intel's mainstream chipset designed to replace the I925X chipset as well as the I915 series, as it has multiple CPU support as well as DDR-2 memory controller and 1066FSB support. On this motherboard, the extra PCI-E x16 slot is running off the Southbridge's PCI-E bus.
The Southbridge is the ICH7R, the same as the Pro motherboard. The cooling solution is also Active for the Northbridge and passive for the South.
Like its Pro brother, the Dual Graphic uses a 2 chip Firewire-B controller from Texas Instruments. The Larger chip provides the Firewire-A backward support with the smaller chip adding the Firewire-B support. A preference would be to see a Firewire controller to be PCI-E based, but PCI will do for now.
Like the Pro, the Dual Graphic also adds in extra support for IDE. The ITE GigaRAID controller chip gives two extra IDE ports with 2 devices per port. ATAPI devices are also supported in IDE mode, when RAID mode is set you loose ATAPI device support.
Gigabit LAN is also supported through the PCI-E Broadcom Gigabit LAN controller.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro (Features)]
- Page 4 [Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro (Overclocking)]
- Page 5 [Gigabyte GA-8I945P Dual Graphic (Features)]
- Page 6 [Gigabyte GA-8I945P Dual Graphic (Overclocking)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz