Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro Overclocking
Gigabyte has provided for overclockers with their 945 series of motherboards. Using the Award 6 BIOS, Gigabyte has located all its overclocking options under the M.I.T (Motherboard Intelligent Tweaker) Menu.
Like ASUS and MSI, Gigabyte is offering automatic overclocking known as C.I.A.2 or CPU Intelligent Architecture 2. Under the C.I.A.2 there are a total of 6 options, Disabled, Cruse, Sports, Racing, Turbo and Full Thrust. These options go from a 5% overclock to a 20% overclock depending on what option is chosen. If you want to overclock manually, select disable. Another auto overlocker feature is the Robust Graphics Booster or R.G.B - when using a nVidia graphics card, you can increase the GPU and Memory clock speeds.
* Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro Motherboard Pricing *
Now we get to the manual overclocking features. In order to get the features unlocked, you need to swap the function of the Host Frequency Control from Disabled to Enable. CPU Host Frequency can be adjusted from 100MHz up to 600MHz in 1MHz increments. PCI-E Express Frequency can be adjusted from 90MHz up to 150MHz in 1MHz increments.
Now to the voltages. CPU voltage can be adjusted from 0.835v up to 1.6v in 0.025v increments. DIMM voltage can be adjusted from +0.1v to +0.6v above default - in terms of range it's from 1.8v up to 2.4v. PCI-E voltage can be adjusted from +0.1v to +0.3v above defaults, which gives us 1.5v to 1.9v.
Finally we have the FSB Overvoltage control which provides extra power to the ICH and MCH link to stabilise the frequency overclock. You can adjust the voltage from +0.1v to +0.3v above standard, which is 1.2v to 1.5v.
With these entire features we managed a fairly healthy FSB of 316MHz with memory at 1:1 using a Pentium-D CPU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro (Features)]
- Page 4 [Gigabyte GA-8I945P Pro (Overclocking)]
- Page 5 [Gigabyte GA-8I945P Dual Graphic (Features)]
- Page 6 [Gigabyte GA-8I945P Dual Graphic (Overclocking)]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- Sony's new PS4 controller for kids looks like a bad idea
- Switch sells over 2 million units in U.S. alone
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard