Last Steps Before You're Mining
One of the last steps is getting your mining pool details into Awesome Miner, or the mining software of your choice - but I'm sure by now I've shown how incredibly easy Awesome Miner is.
If you go into the options of Awesome Miner, and then add/edit your pool - you'll see this menu. Enter in the server URL, the worker name (of your choice), the coin you're mining (Ethereum), as well as your Wallet address (your MyEtherWallet address). For example, if you want to tip me for this article - you would send ETH to that Wallet address, and I would receive it minutes later. This is the central idea around Ethereum. I'm not telling you to tip me, but if this guide helps you - and you're happy with it, go ahead. Thanks in advance!
Start It All Up, And TBC
Now that you've followed this guide, you should be either mining Ethereum by now, or very close to it. If you haven't already started, you can see that your miners are mining Ethereum away, and you're making money. If not, go into the main menu and into 'Miners' once again and right click one of your miners.
Right click one of your miners, and then click 'Start' - from here, it should start and you'll be up and running with your remote miners. The same rule applies to local miners (your machine).
Not Working? Triple Check Everything
If you can't find your Ethereum mining cranking along, double check the key things:
Have you got your mining pool address? If not:
Have you got your eWallet address? If not:
Enter in your MyWalletAddress, for example - mine is (please don't use this, it's purely for an example):
If you're using Awesome Miner, your Wallet address can be found in Options, Pool, General - under Optional settings.
If It's Working... Welcome to Ethereum Mining!
If you've used everything that I've recommended here, Awesome Miner should be cranking along with this little command prompt box:
As you can see, there's a lot going on here - and it can be confusing. But if we break it down, we can see lots of small details here.
- Shows you that you're connected to the main mining pool, in my case: asia.alpereum.ch:3002
- Now you're connected to it the pool, and it has resolved its IP address
- GPU0 is your first GPU, GPU1 would be your second, and so on - it's great to see temps in C, and also fan speeds
- Here we have a new job picked up, I hope you bought your mining gloves!
- Here, we have 32.8MH/s of mining power from a single GeForce GTX 1080 Ti on my local machine
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Intro + Choosing An Ethereum Wallet]
- Page 2 [Let's Find You A Mining Pool]
- Page 3 [Mining Software]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 is all about being a space pirate
- Fallout 76 respecs aren't retroactive
- 25-years of DOOM celebrated with DOOM update for Switch
- Peter Jackson could help Amazon's Lord Of The Rings TV show
- Stardew Valley on Switch receives Multiplayer Update Dec 12
- My Asus TUF FX504GD (a gaming laptop) crashes everytime I launch high end games
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock 14-Port Review
- AORUS LED i2c control?
- 1stPlayer Bullet Hunter MK6 Gaming Keyboard Review
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Review
- SAIRENTO VR slashes onto PSVR early 2019
- Rules of Survival Ultra: A Revolutionary Version with Day/Night Cycle, Changing Weather and Enhanced Game Models
- Brutal Classic-Style FPS SUFFER is out now on Steam!
- The hottest Steam games arrive in Fanatical's Winter Sale
- YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG Spreads Conspiracy Theories on Switch, PlayStation 4, Steam on Jan. 17, 2019