Awesome Miner Is Awesome
I started off with some command prompt based Ethereum miners, but as I shifted past a single system and into multiple rigs, I needed more control from a central base. This is where I stumbled upon Awesome Miner, which can control up to 5000 workers (with multiple GPUs per system). I'm using it with 10 machines right now, with 28 x GPUs between them and it's beautiful. You can set individual miners with descriptions (nick names) and choose host addresses (automatically, or manually if you're having issues with Awesome Miner).
If you choose to use Awesome Miner, you're going to need some details:
- Your eWallet address (in my case, it would be the MyEtherWallet address)
- Your mining pool details (in my case, Athereum)
- Your worker details (IP address, or run a search for it in Awesome Miner)
If you're using multiple PCs, then Awesome Miner is perfect - but you'll need to pay for it. The price, in my opinion, is worth it. I spent $120 on the Premium Edition, which handles up to 20 miners that can be run simultaneously - with as many graphics cards as you can use per PC (normally up to 6).
But I'm sure you're using no more than 2 machines, which means you can use the free version. If you want to go up to 10 machines (60 x GPUs at once) then $60 is damn good to be able to control everything from one central location.
Awesome Miner + Your Mining Pool
This is another important part of setting up Awesome Miner, making sure that you enter in your mining pool details, so in my case: Athereum. Open up the main menu, and then click Options, and select Pools.
From here, you'll see that I have my pool set up - you'll need to click 'Add...' at the bottom.
This is where you'll need your:
- Worker name
- Worker password
- To choose Ethereum in the coin of your choice, in this case: Ethereum
- At the bottom, make sure you add in your Wallet address, so in this case: your MyEtherWallet
Setting Up Awesome Miner = No Canary Needed
When you're setting up multiple systems, I really recommend Awesome Miner - but if there's something else out there worth looking at, please let me know. For now, let's get you set up with Awesome Miner, which is beyond easy. With a multi-system mining operation, using Awesome Miner makes things much easier - once you're in the main menu, everything is easy enough to reach. In the top left, you'll have: Dashboard, Miners, Coins, Balance, Online Services, and Notifications. But we need to get your miners up and running, so let's do that.
Before everything begins, you'll want to download the Awesome Miner Remote Agent Installer. Once this is installed, you'll need to open it manually as the current version - at least at the time of writing, didn't open after installation. You can make things even smoother by rebooting, so that the service opens quietly in the background.
After you've got the Awesome Miner Remote Agent Installer onto all of your Ethereum mining rigs, you can run a scan for them with Awesome Miner by clicking 'New miner...' in the menu.
The next few steps will depend on your system, but with the way I've got it set up - you can do it easily. You'll want to 'Add new miner' and click next.
In the 'select miner type' you'll need to choose Managed Profit Miner if you're wanting to run Awesome Miner up on your PC.
Here, enter in your miner description, the mining host IP address (your local IP address), and your GPU type.
Multiple Awesome Miner Rigs
In the 'select miner type' box, you'll want to run a network scan - but if for whatever reason it doesn't detect your PCs (I had a few issues) you can use 'Managed Profit Miner' and add in the manual IP address and give your worker a description.
In this next step, you'll want to select 'Miner type' and choose 'Awesome Miner Remote Agent' in the drop down menu.
Once you've done this, you'll want to click the check box for 'Only scan for new miners'. Now that it's complete, add in the new miners and you'll be joined by the main menu.
My full list of systems and graphics cards in Awesome Miner looks like this - ignore some of the blank systems and details, there are some networking issues I've been going through getting all of this working ghetto-style. I've set mine to AUD, because I'm based in Australia - so don't get confused by those prices and amounts! It's a beast of a set up, but I'm really not looking forward to my power bill in 2.5 months, hooooo boy.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Intro + Choosing An Ethereum Wallet]
- Page 2 [Let's Find You A Mining Pool]
- Page 3 [Mining Software]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 Remake demo impressions
- Ghostbusters 3 set for Summer 2020, teaser trailer released
- EA cancelled new Star Wars game to work on smaller project
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!