Down The Mine We Go
The first mining pool that I jumped onto was Alpereum, which has 1493 miners at the time of writing - with 185GH/s of hashrate power amongst the users. Alpereum pays out your ETH mining when you hit 0.2ETH created, charging a 0.2% fee at the time. I've been crunching away with 10 hours of configuring systems, with 10 systems and 28 GPUs between them - it's nearly a full-time job as it is.
Alpereum is my current Ethereum mining pool, and this will be changing soon. I didn't want to change before I wrote this article, as I had invested close to 50 hours of time into Ethereum mining for the week. There will be a follow up article that will dive deeper into alternative Ethereum mining pools, soon.
Alpereum is a Swiss-based mining pool, which used to be located in a factory, but is now in a municipality-run foundation in the Glarus Alps. You will need to choose a mining pool closest to you, with 4 options: Europe, USA East, USA West, and Asia. I'm in Australia so the closest to me is the Asia server, which is why you'll see "asia.alpereum.ch:3002" throughout my guide.
If you decide to join the Athereum mining pool, you'll need to work out which pool is closest to you - as you'll need this mining pool address in the future steps:
Alternative Ethereum Mining Pools
There are other mining pools which are far bigger, with:
- Anonymous mining
- 0-Variance solo mining
- Global mining network with DDOS protected servers in the US, Europe and Asia
- Unique payout scheme
- All Ethereum miners supported (qtMiner, cudaminer, eth-proxy and ethminer)
- Full stratum support
- Efficient mining engine, low uncle rates
- We pay uncles & transaction fees
- Detailed global and per-worker statistics
- Invalid shares warnings
- 1% fee
- Professional helpdesk
- Third party Android Monitoring App
I'll add more Ethereum mining pools as we go on this adventure, but they're the 3 that I looked at before hastily joining Athereum.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Intro + Choosing An Ethereum Wallet]
- Page 2 [Let's Find You A Mining Pool]
- Page 3 [Mining Software]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG rated on the PS4 in Korea, PlayStation 4 release soon?
- Nintendo Switch Online rolled out, firmware 6.0.0 goes live
- Ghost Recon Wildlands: major sales/free from Sept. 20 - 23rd
- Dead by Daylight: 5 million units/free-to-play this weekend
- Nintendo announces Fortnite themed Switch console bundle
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- All-New Goal Zero Sherpa 100AC Power Pack Available Now
- HIIT Me Baby One More Time: Daily Burn Releases Fat and Calorie Burning App
- Silver Dollar Games Announces One Finger Death Punch 2
- Full Steam Ahead For New Star Manager
- TwelveSky2: The Limitless OBT announcement