It was nearly 18 months ago now that AMD first revealed the Polaris GPU architecture, aimed at the mid-range market for 1080p 60FPS gaming, while being much more power efficient than the previous-gen Hawaii GPU architecture.
Polaris was born from the newly-formed Radeon Technologies Group, which at the time - and even more so now, feels like the dream team for GPU technology and marketing at AMD. AMD has absolutely nailed its marketing for the Radeon Rebellion, winning multiple awards for campaigns.
The energy from RTG is felt throughout Polaris, with it focused on the Radeon RX 400 series last year, while looking into the future with Vega. Vega isn't too far away now, with HBM2 technology powering AMD's next-gen GPU architecture, while the Radeon RX 500 series launches with the flagship RX 580 on the refreshed Polaris GPU architecture.
The Radeon RX 500 Series Line Up
Four cards make up the Radeon RX 500 series, with the flagship RX 580, followed by the slightly lower-end RX 570 and then the mid-range RX 560. AMD fills out the RX 500 series with the lower-end RX 550 which doesn't require a PCIe connector.
AMD teases that the Radeon RX 580 has up to 1.6x the performance of the Radeon R9 380X, while the RX 570 is up to 2.4x faster than the R7 370. The Radeon RX 560 is up to 2x faster than the R7 360, while the RX 550 is 5x faster than integrated graphics (a potato would be faster than integrated graphics).
All of the cards are made on the 14nm FinFET process, will run DX12 and Vulkan API games, will work with Radeon FreeSync displays, and feature HEVC H.265 4K encode/decoding abilities. We also have Radeon ReLive for gaming capture, while Radeon Chill will keep your GPU cool and your power bills lower.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & RX 500 Series Line Up]
- Page 2 [Radeon RX 500 Series Tech Specs]
- Page 3 [4K Ready & The Year Ahead For AMD]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Toshiba to sell memory business for $18 billion
- GeIL add the Super Luce RGB Lite Series to their range
- Ethereum could replace Visa networks, even game servers
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower