Thoughts on 1080p: If you've got a 1080p monitor with a faster 120Hz refresh rate then you'll want the new GeForce GTX 1080 Ti. It can hit 124FPS average in Mass Effect: Andromeda - at least, at 1080p. The GTX 1080 drops to 99FPS (still an amazing result), while the GTX 1070 scores 80FPS at 1080p.
Thoughts on 1440p: Bumping the resolution up to 2560x1440 sees the GTX 1070 fall below 60FPS to 55FPS average, but that can be fixed with a few in-game visual setting tweaks. The GDDR5X-powered GTX 1080 graphics card is much faster with its additional memory bandwidth, pushing 71FPS average - but damn, does the GTX 1080 Ti kill it at 1440p with 86FPS average.
Thoughts on 4K: The only card worthy of running Mass Effect: Andromeda at 4K is the new GeForce GTX 1080 Ti with 47FPS average, while the GTX 1080 is 10FPS behind it with 37FPS average - and the GTX 1070 manages to keep 30FPS solid.
Thoughts at 3440x1440: My favorite, 3440x1440 - which the GTX 1080 Ti carves up a nice 76FPS average. The slower GTX 1080 manages 55FPS (close to that magic 60FPS mark, again - easily adjusting some details to hit 60FPS isn't a problem), while the GTX 1070 manages just 44FPS at 3440x1440.
If you want to run Mass Effect: Andromeda maxed out, you're going to need NVIDIA's new blazing fast GeForce GTX 1080 Ti graphics card for anything above 1440p. 4K and 3440x1440 display owners will need the GTX 1080 Ti if they want to maintain 60FPS+ on Ultra settings.
For those wanting to hit 1080p/1440p at 60FPS, the GTX 1070 is still a viable graphics card - and remember, we're running everything at Ultra. Dropping the detail down to medium or even high gains 10-15FPS easily, and heavier tweaking will increase both the minimum and average FPS results.
In the coming days, I'll run Mass Effect: Andromeda through its paces on the GTX 780, GTX 980, GTX 980 Ti, Titan X (Maxwell), Titan X (Pascal), GTX 1060, and AMD's Radeon RX 460, RX 470, RX 480, and Radeon R9 Fury X. Expect some big results in the coming days, but will the GTX 1080 Ti be dethroned? Probably not.
PRICING: You can find Mass Effect: Andromeda for PC for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Mass Effect: Andromeda for PC retails for $60 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analyst: Battlefront II in-game spend could break $100m
- Google informs us which Android Wear watches will get Oreo
- Keylogger found planted on over 460 HP laptops
- Epic Games poach Boss Key co-founder for 'secret project'
- Naughty Dogs Uncharted series hits new record high in sales
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Mantiz Venus MZ-02 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure Review
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series