Mushkin V2 DDR-400
While not the latest modules out, the V2 from Mushkin is the lowest latency modules that have come from Mushkin.
Mushkin has a colour coding for its memory modules. Modules with Green Heatsinks are Value modules, Blue is High performance and Black is the Extreme Performance line. Modules without heatsinks are the standard performance and enhanced performance with the latter being based on BG memory modules.
The units we are looking at today are the V2 Extreme Performance with black heat spreaders. The spreaders themselves are alloy heatsinks similar in design to the Crucial memory using the same tape and clip mechanism to hold the spreaders to the modules.
With the spreaders removed we get a look at the modules naked. In retrospect the modules might look double sided, however, they only constitute a single sided module. The PCB is layered in that the modules get spread over both sides in order to reduce the amount of heat generated. A gap is left between each module in order to space out the modules enough to reduce heat and allow higher cock speeds.
The PCB is the same 6 layer black that Crucial uses - in fact, most modules are only made by a few manufacturers for their PCB's, its all dependant on what quality chips are brought or in the case of some companies like Micron, Kingmax and a few others, what quality modules they themselves make.
The memory modules are some of the most overclockable modules on the market. Mushkin has used the Samsung TCCD memory modules that are known for their extreme overclocking abilities.
The Mushkin memory was put to the same tests that were used on the Crucial and Geil memory modules.
The Mushkin memory worked on all platforms other than the VIA KT880 and PT880 but this could be a problem with the outdated VIA Northbridge memory controllers.
How much does it cost?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard