Next we come to the Geil DDR-400 1GB Dual Channel Memory Kit.
Geil follow the trend of is platinum coloured copper heat spreader designed modules that have been available for some time now. This is certainly not a bad thing, as Geil have gotten some very impressive modules out that look similar to this.
Unfortunately we weren't able to remove the spreaders off these modules, as they seemed to be thermally bonded to the modules with epoxy. If we had tried, we surely would have damaged the modules beyond all possible use...and this is something we try to avoid at all costs in our testings.
This is not the first time we have seen these on Geil memory, but this company is the only company we have actually see do it. On the side there is a sticker with temperature readings which is a thermal reactive strip. When the modules begin to heat up, each section glows a different colour to indicate how hot the modules are getting. This allows you to get a reasonable idea of the memory's operating temperature and is a nice inclusion.
During our tests, the modules only hit 50 degree Celsius which shows the good build quality of the memory modules and the heatsinks.
Using the same methods from the Crucial memory on the last page, we managed to get the Geil memory to operate at specified speeds and timings on all platforms.
This makes choosing this module a pretty simple one as there are no known compatibility issues.
How much does it cost?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Street Fighter V players upgraded to the Arcade Edition
- Star Wars Battlefront 2 patch 1.1 brings stability all round
- Civilization VI: Rise and Fall new details fully explained
- Dynasty Warriors 9 reveals a massive open world with trailer
- Dragon Ball FighterZ will have another 24 hours of open beta
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac LGA 1150 major problems starting screen flickers > Freezes up win 10
- Phison E8 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Preview
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series