There we have it - a new set of Catalyst drivers from ATI that haven't done much in the way of performance but the HUGE list of fixes make them one of the better releases we have seen for a while. There is no doubt as we see Crossfire hit the streets that ATI will be putting a lot of effort into its performance as nVidia have had a huge jump on them and ATI want to make sure that Crossfire puts a dent in nVidias multi cards sales as quickly as possible. We have already started seeing cards around Australia with Crossfire Enabled stickers on them so we don't think it will be far away.
There should be a fix in the latest drivers for everyone and it would be worth the upgrade to the Catalyst 5.8's this time around especially if it's been a few months since you have taken the plunge and are still running older drivers.
On a quick note for our Australian readers (especially those in Sydney), ATI is holding a public Launch Event next Saturday (27th August) at Sydney Olympic Park. It may be worth dropping down as we hope to be there to have a look at what's hot from some of the vendors like GeCube, PowerColor and MSI just to name a few and lots of prizes will be given away - Full details can be found here on the invitation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 1 [Introduction and Release Notes]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit