There we have it - a new set of Catalyst drivers from ATI that haven't done much in the way of performance but the HUGE list of fixes make them one of the better releases we have seen for a while. There is no doubt as we see Crossfire hit the streets that ATI will be putting a lot of effort into its performance as nVidia have had a huge jump on them and ATI want to make sure that Crossfire puts a dent in nVidias multi cards sales as quickly as possible. We have already started seeing cards around Australia with Crossfire Enabled stickers on them so we don't think it will be far away.
There should be a fix in the latest drivers for everyone and it would be worth the upgrade to the Catalyst 5.8's this time around especially if it's been a few months since you have taken the plunge and are still running older drivers.
On a quick note for our Australian readers (especially those in Sydney), ATI is holding a public Launch Event next Saturday (27th August) at Sydney Olympic Park. It may be worth dropping down as we hope to be there to have a look at what's hot from some of the vendors like GeCube, PowerColor and MSI just to name a few and lots of prizes will be given away - Full details can be found here on the invitation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 1 [Introduction and Release Notes]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Spider-Man developers thought the story wasn't funny enough
- Warner Bros. release teaser for Pokemon: Detective Pikachu
- China sprouts the first life ever made on the Moons surface
- Zelda: Link's Awakening Switch & GameBoy comparison video
- Apex Legends mods have banned over 16,000 cheaters so far
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- BundleFest is coming - Get ready for the biggest bundle event of the year
- Team NINJA Announces DEAD OR ALIVE 6 Deluxe Demo, World Championship, and SNK Collaboration
- Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. Launches Jump Force; The Ultimate Manga Crossover Extravaganza
- The Escape Room Puzzle Game Themed On The Seven Deadly Sins Will Hit Steam On Feb 28th
- [01Studio] Indie MMORPG - Citywars Savage