There we have it - a new set of Catalyst drivers from ATI that haven't done much in the way of performance but the HUGE list of fixes make them one of the better releases we have seen for a while. There is no doubt as we see Crossfire hit the streets that ATI will be putting a lot of effort into its performance as nVidia have had a huge jump on them and ATI want to make sure that Crossfire puts a dent in nVidias multi cards sales as quickly as possible. We have already started seeing cards around Australia with Crossfire Enabled stickers on them so we don't think it will be far away.
There should be a fix in the latest drivers for everyone and it would be worth the upgrade to the Catalyst 5.8's this time around especially if it's been a few months since you have taken the plunge and are still running older drivers.
On a quick note for our Australian readers (especially those in Sydney), ATI is holding a public Launch Event next Saturday (27th August) at Sydney Olympic Park. It may be worth dropping down as we hope to be there to have a look at what's hot from some of the vendors like GeCube, PowerColor and MSI just to name a few and lots of prizes will be given away - Full details can be found here on the invitation.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 1 [Introduction and Release Notes]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 6 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Catalyst 5.8 - Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- Take-Two: Microtransactions help buffer risk of new IP
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz