It wouldn't be CES without some liquid nitrogen overclocking! GIGABYTE didn't disappoint; they had their own overclockers (HiCookie and Sofos) on site and also hosted HWBot's World Tour.
GIGABYTE's overclockers were using the new Z270X-Gaming SOC motherboard along with an NVIDIA Pascal-based GPU. Liquid nitrogen overclocking was done on both the CPU and memory to achieve world records.
On the other side of the rope, we found some independent and team-based overclockers aiming to defeat each other in one-on-one matches on the stage. Overclocker Joe Stepnoz beat Lucky_n00b by a slim margin to win the HWBot Overclocking World Tour Qualifier, gaining him a place at the finals in Taiwan.
Both Overclockers are veterans of many overclocking competitions, and no one knew who would win. Congrats Joe, we wish you the best at finals!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kingdome Come: Deliverance mod brings 'Ultimate Realism'
- Hunt: Showdown displayed in the amazing CRYENGINE V demo
- God of War could be the best looking game on the PS4 Pro
- Nimbus Data launches 100TB SSD, servers house 100PB easily
- Microsoft looks to the future with DirectX Raytracing (DXR)
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit