The Z270X-Designare actually has a white/silver looking PCB, RGB LED lighting, and uses white/silver heat sinks. The Designare brand is made for case modders and unique builds, and GIGABYTE's use of white/silver is bold.
One feature the Z270X-Designare brings to the table is the 20-pin USB 3.1 internal header, and I believe this is the first GIGABYTE motherboard to carry it.
The Z270N-Gaming 5
The Z270N-Gaming 5 is a really interesting board in that it seems to be GIGABYTE's mini OC motherboard with two DIMMs and tons of overclocking features. It does support two GPUs if you use a riser card, offers Intel wired and wireless NICs, and carries the new audio codec with 120dB SNR.
While all the consumer features are nice, I was surprised to see GIGABYTE added the OC panel header to the motherboard, so you can use the same OC panel pictured along with the Z270X-Gaming SOC to overclock this motherboard. The motherboard also carries the black and orange color theme unique to GIGABYTE's overclocking series.
Two DIMMs is preferable to four DIMMs for memory overclocking, and time will tell how this motherboard will do. The motherboard does seem to have a six phase VRM just for the VCore and two phases for the iGPU.
For those of you who want M.2, there is a slot located on the rear of the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- Ghost Recon Wildlands adds permadeath with 'Ghost Mode'
- Razer making Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite arcade sticks
- Windows 10 Pro for just $12.41, Office 2016 Pro only $28.10
- Gorilla Glass 6 engineered to 'survive multiple drops'
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit