ULi, being relatively new to the chipset market, is now aiming to make a name for itself with the latest chipset for AMD processors, but will it be enough to convince the crowds?
There are some companies that, despite the new name, remember some of the older ALi products, and the sour taste it left in their mouths when the motherboards refused to work with many of the PCI and AGP devices of the time, many years ago now.
That though, is the past, and ULi has set its sights on the future and with the M1695 chipset, have a good aim. One of the best features we liked about this chipset is the companion Southbridge's that not only add in the support for all the additional peripherals, but also give support for additional devices like AGP, and an additional PCI-Express x16 lane on the next revision to come out. Added to this list the ability to split the primary graphics down the middle to create a possible SLI setup, we can only hope that ULi works within the SLI specs and add this to the list of already impressive specs in their latest chipset.
Overall the ULi M1695 chipset was a delight in terms of stability; we found no problems with the reference motherboard even in its early stages of development. The M1695 performed flawlessly, and with impressive results against established retail motherboards to go along with its stability earns, ULi a place on the chipset hall of fame and we look forward to checking out retail motherboards based on ULi's M1695 chipset.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series