- The Box and Package
The Gigabyte graphics card we were sent has a great looking box and are pushing a number of features on the front of the box which include a bundle worth up to $140, HDTV, VIVO, Heat Pipe Technology and V Tuner 2 software. The main features though on the card are its 256MB DDR3 and the utilization of the PRO chip making it quite a competitor in our round up.
Like most of the other boxes we find that on the back we have more details regarding the X700 Pro chipset, a little run down on what V Tuner2 does and a few examples of some of the visual advantages of the ATI X700 Pro.
We have included in the box our normal manual and driver CD as well as a copy of PowerDVD and Power Director. While this isn't anything too exciting, it is nice to see that Gigabyte have included a full copy of Thief: Deadly Shadows so you can begin to take advantage of the power on offer by the X700 Pro straight away after buying the product.
We also have a little box that plugs into the S Video like port on the graphics card and gives us our HDTV and TV out options.
- A Closer Look
The first thing you notice on the front of the card is the cool looking heatsink with a flame like decal with a picture of the Gigabyte Demon that is found on a number of its graphics cards. While the red decal feels quite flimsy and cheap, it's not a big deal as it's only really for aesthetics.
As you may have noticed this card has no fan and is cooled with a heat pipe design. We can also see the Rage Theater chip on the front of the card, this as we mentioned is needed for the Video In and Video Out functions.
Turning the card to the other side there isn't much more then a massive heatsink running across the back.
While you would think this would touch the rear memory modules so they are cooled, the idea behind it not touching the card directly is that the heat moves from the front of the card and then dissipates off the back. Cards like this benefit greatly from a larger yet slower spinning fan blowing across it.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 2 [GeCube]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 3 [PowerColor]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 4 [HIS]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 5 [MSI]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 6 [Sapphire]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 7 [Gigabyte]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 8 [ASUS]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 16 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 17 [Pricing Details]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 18 [How we Rated and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook stock drops $50 billion in two days, biggest ever
- GeForce 391.24 WHQL drivers: Game Ready for Sea of Thieves
- The Matrix launches on 4K Blu-ray on May 22
- GIGABYTE releases RX 580 Gaming Box, portable mining box!!
- NVIDIA powers 92.2% of VR gamers, leaves AMD with just 7.8%
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit