- The Box and Package
The front of the box on the Sapphire card shows us that it is a Pro model and has 256MB of DDR3 memory. It also states that it has TV Out, two full version games included, a copy of PowerDVD as well as Sapphire's Redline overclocking utility.
The back of the box is one of the fancier ones - it lists your normal extended specs and just a few of the numerous awards Sapphire has won over the past few years. At the top of the box we have a clear plastic cover so we can see the actual card which is nice as it adds a little bit something to the box to make it stand out from the others. With this said though it would probably look better on the front of the box as when in a shop this is what the users are going to be looking at.
Sapphire are offering a very nice bundle for a card that is aimed at the mid range performance sector, we have our normal Manual and Driver CD along with two full version games (Splinter Cell and Prince of Persia), PowerDVD and its overclocking software. We also have a DVI to VGA connector, S Video cable, RCA cable and S Video to RCA adapter.
- A Closer Look
When you look at the card the first thing we thought..."Oh, Hercules is making graphics cards again."
This card has a very similar feel to the original GeForce 3 Hercules card with the blue heat sink fan and the separate low profile memory sinks across the card. You can understand why Sapphire would want to show off the card - the blue sinks on the blue PCB looks great. You can also see where the Rage Theater Chip would go if it had one, this card only offers TV out and not video in.
It's good to see that Sapphire have also chosen to place heat sinks on the back of the card as more often then not companies go to the effort to cool the front memory modules yet leave the back ones there to fend for themselves.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 2 [GeCube]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 3 [PowerColor]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 4 [HIS]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 5 [MSI]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 6 [Sapphire]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 7 [Gigabyte]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 8 [ASUS]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 16 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 17 [Pricing Details]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 18 [How we Rated and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- HyperX FURY DDR4-3466 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit