- The Box and Package
As usual, HIS has an excellent looking box with a sword running down the middle. We can see on the front that HIS is pushing the volume that is outputted by the fan and in this case under 24db along with many other features including Dual DVI, HDTV, Platinum Software Bundle, VIVO and the inclusion of 256MB of memory.
The back of the box shows us a picture of the card although it may differ from what is inside the box. We have our normal more in depth look at the GPU with what features are on offer and a bit more detail on the HIS offerings.
When you look inside the box and find yourself with manual and two CDs then you quickly tend to think what exactly this Platinum Software Bundle talk was all about. With a little bit more inspection you find that you have got one CD which has your normal driver and the other is a DVD which has a full version copy of Dungeon Siege, Power Director, Power2Go, 3DAlbum, PowerDVD, Medi@Show, PowerBackup and a few game demos. What didn't look like much quickly turned out to be quite a nice little package.
- A Closer Look
While the back of the box showed us a card with memory sinks you can see that the actual card that was included in the box doesn't have any. Being a non pro variant of the X700, this isn't really a big deal as it uses the older TSOP memory design as opposed to BGA like we see on the DDR3 PRO offerings.
HIS are really pushing the inclusion of Dual DVI and VIVO on this low-end card so not only can you have a decent gaming experience at a good price but also have support for a multi DVI LCD setup and have the ability to make use of not only video out but also video in.
Moving around to the back of the card you can see that it is very bare with the product name and serial number stickers. You can clearly see that this is a non pro card as it uses older TSOP memory.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 2 [GeCube]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 3 [PowerColor]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 4 [HIS]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 5 [MSI]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 6 [Sapphire]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 7 [Gigabyte]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 8 [ASUS]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 16 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 17 [Pricing Details]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 18 [How we Rated and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ghost Recon Wildlands adds permadeath with 'Ghost Mode'
- Razer making Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite arcade sticks
- Windows 10 Pro for just $12.41, Office 2016 Pro only $28.10
- Gorilla Glass 6 engineered to 'survive multiple drops'
- Twitter had 115 billion impressions for the World Cup
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit