- The Box and Package
The two offerings that we received from PowerColor included a X700PRO utilizing 256MB of DDR3 memory and a heat pipe X700 (Non PRO) with 256MB of DDR2 memory. You can see in the above pictures that the front of the boxes is similar to each other with the most noticeable difference being the picture of the heat pipe version on the X700 BOX.
The X700 is labeled BRAVO as Dual DVI is offered on this card and you can see the key points of the card including 256MB, 128-bit, HDTV along with the Value Bundle that is included inside. The X700PRO box goes into a little more detail of the card on the front of the box along with the main points again being showed on each side.
Software wise we have our Driver CD along with a Cyberlink DVD solution CD which offers a few useful programs, PowerColor have also included a full version copy of Hitman Contracts so you can get playing with these cards as soon as you take them out of the box.
In the cable department we have a long S-Video and RCA cable along with an S-Video to RCA adapter and the HDTV cable so we can make use of the HDTV output on offer.
- A Closer Look
The PowerColor X700 Bravo offers a more traditional heat pipe variant with the heat pipe running out the right hand side of the card and onto the back heat sink.
Turning the card over you can see we have the optional extra fan attached which is designed to help cool the card down if you find it is getting too hot and causing instability. While this is a good idea, if you come to the point where you have to use the fan constantly the high RPM and small size produces quite an annoying high pitched sound.
You might find yourself wishing you bought the cheaper non heat pipe variant of the card since the idea in the first place is all about silence. With this said though, during our whole testing phase of this graphics card, we did not have the fan attached and had absolutely no problems with heat related issues.
The X700PRO offering from PowerColor like GeCube also follows the reference cooler with it not quite covering the memory on the front of the card.
With following the reference design on the front of the card we can see the back of the card is very bare.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 2 [GeCube]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 3 [PowerColor]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 4 [HIS]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 5 [MSI]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 6 [Sapphire]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 7 [Gigabyte]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 8 [ASUS]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 16 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 17 [Pricing Details]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 18 [How we Rated and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mozilla announces VR/AR development program
- iPhone 2018 model will feature massive LTE speeds
- Apple buys VR/AR startup VRvana for $30 million
- AC: Origins patch fixes UltraWide, multi-GPU issues
- Radeon Vega 8 Mobile: 8 Vega GPU cores, 256MB DDR4
- Wierd characters in Z97 Gaming BIOS
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- MSI Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC Motherboard Review
- Outstanding Design and Performance - Deep Look into New MSI GE63VR 7RF Raider
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ