High Quality AA and AF
All tests with were ran with 4 times FSAA and 8 times Antistrophic Filtering enabled which should stress out these Radeon X700 graphics cards enough.
1024x768 was chosen as it is still the preferred playable resolution with these settings enabled.
Like 3DMark05 without AA and AF, on the 256MB cards have a great advantage over the 128MB cards with the 256MB non-Pro offerings scoring almost as much as the Pro 128MB cards. GeCube's Extreme model again shows us that the increased memory bandwidth rules supreme coming out in front of everyone again.
Gigabyte come out ahead of the 256MB cards as we have seen in a few of our other tests with the GeCube offerings ruling supreme and all Pro cards offering a good gaming experience with these settings.
Doom 3 with AA and AF have really given mixed results with the PowerColor card coming out ahead of all the other 256MB cards and the 128MB offerings from GeCube dominating all the other cards scoring over 10FPS from the closest card.
As we expected the 256MB cards really dominate in Far Cry with the Gigabyte card performing only 1FPS slower then the Extreme model from GeCube. The 256MB cards and GeCube X700PRO Extreme model all offer a borderline playable experience with 4xAA and 8xAF at 1024 x 768.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 2 [GeCube]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 3 [PowerColor]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 4 [HIS]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 5 [MSI]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 6 [Sapphire]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 7 [Gigabyte]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 8 [ASUS]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 14 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 15 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 16 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 17 [Pricing Details]
- Radeon X700 Roundup - Page 18 [How we Rated and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Valve almost made an amazing looking co-op fantasy game
- Intel Z370 will support future 8th Gen Cannon Lake CPUs
- Vivendi abstains vote in Ubisoft shareholders meeting
- Intel's b2b shop could revolutionize PC game reselling
- GeIL reveal ASUS ROG certified EVO X ROG RGB RAM
- Intel Core i9-7980XE and i9-7960X CPU Review
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 4K Blu-ray Review
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM