NOTE: All benchmark screenshots are empty secondary volumes. Charts are OS Disk 75% full unless otherwise noted.
Moderate Workload Model
We categorize this test as indicative of a light to moderate workload environment.
PCMark 8 - Storage Bandwidth
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.4.304
We use PCMark 8 Storage benchmark to test the performance of SSDs with traces recorded from Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and a selection of popular games. You can test the system drive or any other recognized storage device, including local external drives. Unlike synthetic storage tests, the PCMark 8 Storage benchmark highlights real-world performance differences between storage devices.
Scoring OS Disk 75% Full
PCMark 8 is the most intensive moderate workload simulation we run. With respect to moderate workloads, this test is what we consider the best indicator of a drive's performance. For some unknown reason, the 960GB M.2 and 480GB AIC manage to score slightly better with data on the drive. This particular test is where we found the Zotac Sonix to be underperforming the most. We want to see storage bandwidth of at least 500 MB/s for NVMe SSDs.
With the new firmware, the E7's have no problem cranking out well over 500 MB/s storage bandwidth. This test highlights something we have been badgering Phison about, a proprietary NVMe driver. Although we are getting more than acceptable performance from the standard Windows NVMe driver, it would be so much better with a proprietary NVMe driver. Hopefully, in the near future, we will get our wish.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System, Settings, & Boot Speed Video]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CDM & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based) - PCMark Vantage & PCMark 7]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based) - PCMark 8]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – Max IOPS & Disk Response]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Transfer Rate]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ROME: Total War is coming to iPhone, August 23rd
- Micron Outs In-House High Performance NVMe SSD Controller
- Silicon Motion Details SM2270 Enterprise SSD Controller
- Fullbright's Gone Hone will debut to the Nintendo Switch
- Dr. Strange/Avengers buildings spotted in Spider-Man trailer
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Buy (10 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,500
- Buy (5 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $1,150
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada
- Razer NOMMO Pro is Available For Purchase
- Beat-'Em-Up Coffee Crisis Out On Xbox One Today
- New World Boss Karanda Coming to Black Desert Online SEA