NOTE: All benchmark screenshots are empty secondary volumes. Charts are OS Disk 75% full unless otherwise noted.
Moderate Workload Model
We categorize this test as indicative of a light to moderate workload environment.
PCMark 8 - Storage Bandwidth
Version and / or Patch Used: 2.4.304
We use PCMark 8 Storage benchmark to test the performance of SSDs with traces recorded from Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and a selection of popular games. You can test the system drive or any other recognized storage device, including local external drives. Unlike synthetic storage tests, the PCMark 8 Storage benchmark highlights real-world performance differences between storage devices.
Scoring OS Disk 75% Full
PCMark 8 is the most intensive moderate workload simulation we run. With respect to moderate workloads, this test is what we consider the best indicator of a drive's performance. For some unknown reason, the 960GB M.2 and 480GB AIC manage to score slightly better with data on the drive. This particular test is where we found the Zotac Sonix to be underperforming the most. We want to see storage bandwidth of at least 500 MB/s for NVMe SSDs.
With the new firmware, the E7's have no problem cranking out well over 500 MB/s storage bandwidth. This test highlights something we have been badgering Phison about, a proprietary NVMe driver. Although we are getting more than acceptable performance from the standard Windows NVMe driver, it would be so much better with a proprietary NVMe driver. Hopefully, in the near future, we will get our wish.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System, Settings, & Boot Speed Video]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CDM & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based) - PCMark Vantage & PCMark 7]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based) - PCMark 8]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – Max IOPS & Disk Response]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Transfer Rate]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PUBG coming to PS4 this December for $30
- Snoop Dogg receives first copy of Spyro Reignited via drone
- First live action Pokemon Detective Pikachu trailer released
- NES Controller pre-order available for Switch Online members
- PlayStation's Black Friday Sale: $199 = 1TB PS4 + Spider-Man
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- Asustor AS6302T 2-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms