First off we want to thank Phison Electronics for giving TweakTown the opportunity to test the S11 engineering samples plucked from their Flash Memory Summit display board. Secondly, we want to congratulate Phison for engineering fire-breathing performance with only two-channels and zero DRAM cache or overprovisioning. We believe that Phison S11-powered SSDs will sell like hotcakes when they hit retail channels. Compared with other modern DRAM-less solutions we've tested, the S11-powered SSDs we tested today are in a class of their own. Nothing else is even close.
At first, we thought that Phison must have decided to make the S11 a four-channel controller, but no, it is indeed a two-channel controller. We certainly did not expect this kind of performance from a two-channel DRAM-less design. We feel confident that S11-powered SSDs will deliver an SSD experience that will rival even eight-channel controlled SSDs for the majority of users.
The S11 should make laptop users very happy with the extended battery life that a two-channel DRAM-less solution will provide because Phison has engineered a masterpiece that sips power and at the same time delivers best-in-class performance. We are looking forward to the waves of S11-powered SSDs that are destined to arrive in our lab, and you can look forward to purchasing your own in the near future.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System and Settings]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based) - PCMark Vantage & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dead Cells moves 100,000 units within its Switch launch week
- Become a god in SMITE's launch trailer for Nintendo Switch
- Bungie committed to Destiny for long haul
- Mortal Kombat XI's story takes us back to the past
- Mortal Kombat XI gameplay is fluid, chaotic, and violent
- Trident Z Royal DDR4-4000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media