First off we want to thank Phison Electronics for giving TweakTown the opportunity to test the S11 engineering samples plucked from their Flash Memory Summit display board. Secondly, we want to congratulate Phison for engineering fire-breathing performance with only two-channels and zero DRAM cache or overprovisioning. We believe that Phison S11-powered SSDs will sell like hotcakes when they hit retail channels. Compared with other modern DRAM-less solutions we've tested, the S11-powered SSDs we tested today are in a class of their own. Nothing else is even close.
At first, we thought that Phison must have decided to make the S11 a four-channel controller, but no, it is indeed a two-channel controller. We certainly did not expect this kind of performance from a two-channel DRAM-less design. We feel confident that S11-powered SSDs will deliver an SSD experience that will rival even eight-channel controlled SSDs for the majority of users.
The S11 should make laptop users very happy with the extended battery life that a two-channel DRAM-less solution will provide because Phison has engineered a masterpiece that sips power and at the same time delivers best-in-class performance. We are looking forward to the waves of S11-powered SSDs that are destined to arrive in our lab, and you can look forward to purchasing your own in the near future.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System and Settings]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace-Based) - PCMark Vantage & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's next-gen 'Super Secret' Navi GPU teased
- Fallout developers won't use micro-transactions in new game
- Self-driving cars expected to create a $7 trillion industry
- Extinction will be micro-transaction free
- Google upgrade their trade-in program to cardboard boxes
- IN WIN AURORA Addressable RGB PWM Case Fan Review
- IN WIN POLARIS Silent RGB PWM Case Fan Review
- IN WIN 101 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- old version of bios for asrock z77 extreme 3
- SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 NITRO Review: 3 x 8-pin PCIe?!
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series