Test System System
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz (800MHz FSB)
Motherboard(s): DFI LAN Party 865PE (ICH5R)
Memory(s): Kingmax 2 x 512MB DDR-500
Video Card(s): ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB AGP
Hard Disk(s): Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 200GB PATA
Operating System Used: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
So, we know both devices from Seagate are quite funky and work well... but, how do they perform? To find out we've used HD Tach, a popular storage benchmark utility and File Copy Test moving 2.3GB worth of data, and compared both products (USB 2.0 and Firewire on the external drive) against a standard USB 2.0 pen drive and a slaved PATA system drive.
These results should give you a good indication of how well the 5GB pocket drive from Seagate performs against a regular pen drive and how the 400GB external unit performs against a hard drive inside your case connected to the IDE bus through the older Intel ICH5R south bridge.
Let's begin and see how they go!
Version and / or Patch Used: 188.8.131.52
Developer Homepage: http://www.simplisoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.simplisoftware.com/Public/index.php?request=HdTach
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SEGA won't over rely on remasters and remakes
- Hacked Switches can now use USB mass storage HDDs
- Battlefield V's new War Stories trailer shows WWII drama
- No Man's Sky VR? Hello Games wants to know if you want it
- Sony fixes PSN message glitch
- ASRock A320M-DGS + Ryzen 5 2600 budget upgrade with older video card?
- Default Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam
- Dreadnought, The Free-To-Play Team-Based Spaceship Shooter, Officially Launches on Steam