Test System System
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 3.2GHz (800MHz FSB)
Motherboard(s): DFI LAN Party 865PE (ICH5R)
Memory(s): Kingmax 2 x 512MB DDR-500
Video Card(s): ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB AGP
Hard Disk(s): Seagate Barracuda 7200.7 200GB PATA
Operating System Used: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
So, we know both devices from Seagate are quite funky and work well... but, how do they perform? To find out we've used HD Tach, a popular storage benchmark utility and File Copy Test moving 2.3GB worth of data, and compared both products (USB 2.0 and Firewire on the external drive) against a standard USB 2.0 pen drive and a slaved PATA system drive.
These results should give you a good indication of how well the 5GB pocket drive from Seagate performs against a regular pen drive and how the 400GB external unit performs against a hard drive inside your case connected to the IDE bus through the older Intel ICH5R south bridge.
Let's begin and see how they go!
Version and / or Patch Used: 188.8.131.52
Developer Homepage: http://www.simplisoftware.com
Product Homepage: http://www.simplisoftware.com/Public/index.php?request=HdTach
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 to release Halloween Event and Update
- Star Wars The Last Jedi is expected to make $760 million
- GIGABYTE reveal the AORUS X9 gaming laptop
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard