Normally the release of a new high-end graphics cards brings us samples from both nVidia and ATI. This time around nVidia are having a party and no one else seems to want to join in with them. ATI are still at least a couple months away from releasing the R520 and Crossfire so in the mean time nVidia decided to step up the heat with the release of the GeForce 7800 GTX, formerly known as G70.
Rumors of what the 7800 GTX was going to be has been floating around for a long time, some turned out true while others turned out not so true. Today in part one of our G70 article we will be taking a close look at the GPU and then in part two on Friday we'll provide full performance comparison since our sample cards from nVidia arrived later than expected.
While some of you may feel like jumping straight to the benchmarking we don't have that luxury as we do have to have a closer look at the 7800 GTX and what some of nVidia's partners have already told us about their plans for the G70. As we said, on Friday we'll have part two online with our benchmarks.
Editor's Note - We've decided against talking about the complex new graphics engines in the G70 since it is beyond most our readers and the job is done better by other websites which are dedicated to graphics...
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit