Kingmax made a relatively conservative showing at this year's Computex, displaying little that we haven't seen before. In contrast, Corsair (featured in our Day 2 coverage) were showing off 1GHz DDR2 modules. However, Kingmax's Lawrence Chang (VP Sales & Marketing of Kingmax Semiconductor) told us that the reason for Kingmax deciding against 1GHz modules was the fact that the supply of chips that can perform at such a high speed is sparse, and thus it would be impossible for any manufacturer to ship these in high volumes any time soon.
Kingmax did have a 1GB DDR2-800 module on display though, which could scale to 1GHz in the hands of a skilled overclocker.
Driven by the release of Intel's latest Sonoma specification, DDR2 modules for notebooks are popping up all over the place. Kingmax was displaying a 1GB DDR2-667 stick, which would be ideal for mobile gamers who require maximum capacity and speeds.
Not to be left out, regular DDR made a solid showing at the Kingmax booth, but enthusiasts will be most interested in its 'Hard-Core" product. This is rated at a speed of DDR500 with a CAS latency of 3 and a core voltage of 2.7V.
Also of interest is their new colored DDR400 module, which is rated at a CAS latency of 2.5.
Finally, Kingmax was also showing a range of CF, SD, MMC and MicroSD cards. The most interesting of these was the 8GB CF card, which is the highest capacity Compact Flash stick we've seen at the show so far.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new game service is like Game Pass
- Sekiro mod engine paves the way for expansive mods
- Sean Murray gives rare talk on No Man's Sky's triumphs, woes
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced