If you haven't guessed it already, FIC, like most manufacturers at the show, also had an SFF PC on display. It's based on the 945G chipset and utilises the PicoBTX form factor. We particularly liked this one since it's in the shape of a beer keg (ed. note - huh? we like beer?). The judges of the 'Best of Computex' awards obviously agree with us, as FIC won an award for this particular model. We suspect that the judges were Australian.
In addition, FIC had another new SFF PC on display that was equally impressive, since it includes support for AMD's new dual-core processors.
FIC also had a portable media player that looks significantly more appealing than Foxconn's offering. It's based on the AMD Alchemy Au 1200 processor and boasts a 3.5" LCD screen, 64MB DDR memory and a 20GB HDD. The unit weighs 180g, which won't leave you with bulging biceps after holding it for the duration of a movie.
While SiS has dropped off enthusiasts' radar in recent years, it seems to be staging a comeback this year with four new motherboard chipsets.
The SiS649 supports AMD Athlon 64 X2 (dual-core) processors, DDR2 and PCI-Express. SiS says that this chipset has been adopted by ASUS and NEC already.
The SiS761GX is virtually identical to the SiS649 as far as features are concerned, with the only exception being that it includes an integrated graphics chip.
The SiS741CX is primarily an SFF PC chipset, supporting AMD's Geodo processors, AGP 8x graphics and an integrated SiS Mirage 1 graphics chip.
Yet Intel certainly hasn't been left out, as the SiS656FX supports the new Pentium 4 dual-core CPUs, as well as DDR2-667 memory and PCI-Express.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 2 [ASUS HQ Tour]
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 3 [Scythe and Iwill]
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 4 [FIC and SiS]
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 5 [Foxconn]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Rainbow Six Siege free-to-play trail beginning August 16th
- Rune: Ragnarok receives teaser trailer, screenshots & PC req
- Hi-Rez Studios announces creation of 3 distinct new studios
- Team17 announce New Game+ for Overcooked 2
- Dark Souls Remastered arrives on the Nintendo Switch Oct 19
- TRENDnet TWC-L10 Wi-Fi Light Bulb Security Camera Review
- Buy (3 Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $900
- Buy (2Pieces) Samsung Galaxy Note9/S9/S9+/S8+ New $800
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- Legendary Actor Patrick Stewart To Narrate My Memory of Us
- Hi-Rez Studios Establishes New Development Studios, Strengthens Publishing Position
- Guardians of the Sky Arrives for TERA PC with Aerial Content and Limited Time Loot
- Lian Li Fuse Classic Brushed Aluminum and Modern RGB Lighting with new LANCOOL ONE Chassis
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution