Scythe is a relatively new manufacturer based out of Japan that focuses primarily on cool and quiet computing. Its stand was small, but there were a number of CPU coolers, GPU coolers, PSUs, and water-cooling units, all of which are fanless. Scythe also had demo systems running at its booth that featured the above cooling products, and while they were warm to the touch, there wasn't one system crash during the gaming demos.
Scythe had some really interesting products on display especially for fans of silent computing and we look forward to hearing more from them in the future.
Iwill told us that they were moving away from the consumer and enthusiast markets, instead concentrating solely on servers and workstations. This was re-iterated by the arrangement of their booth, which was dominated predominantly by enterprise-oriented products. However, one product really caught our eye - the ZMAXd2.
The ZMAXd2 is Iwill's latest SFF PC, boasting not only SLI support but also dual AMD Opteron support. While this may be overkill considering that most SFF units only get used as gaming or media viewing machines, it's definitely among the most innovative products on display at Computex '05.
Interestingly, when asked how long it will take for these PCs to come to market, Iwill admitted that they were in no rush since "there's no competition". We think the ZMAXd2 was largely a marketing stunt, but we could be wrong. We were told it should be ready to ship by Q4 2005 but we'll see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 2 [ASUS HQ Tour]
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 3 [Scythe and Iwill]
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 4 [FIC and SiS]
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 5 [Foxconn]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dad makes custom Zelda/Link life-lesson present for daughter
- Google tease MAJOR gaming announcement for March 19th
- Overwatch's new Paris map is now live on all platforms
- Huawei to unveil its next-gen P30 smartphone on March 26
- Apex Legends second patch arrives, fixes stability, crashes
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR B450GT3 (AMD B450) Motherboard Review
- cpu internal ac/dc load line settings and undervolding?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure