Scythe is a relatively new manufacturer based out of Japan that focuses primarily on cool and quiet computing. Its stand was small, but there were a number of CPU coolers, GPU coolers, PSUs, and water-cooling units, all of which are fanless. Scythe also had demo systems running at its booth that featured the above cooling products, and while they were warm to the touch, there wasn't one system crash during the gaming demos.
Scythe had some really interesting products on display especially for fans of silent computing and we look forward to hearing more from them in the future.
Iwill told us that they were moving away from the consumer and enthusiast markets, instead concentrating solely on servers and workstations. This was re-iterated by the arrangement of their booth, which was dominated predominantly by enterprise-oriented products. However, one product really caught our eye - the ZMAXd2.
The ZMAXd2 is Iwill's latest SFF PC, boasting not only SLI support but also dual AMD Opteron support. While this may be overkill considering that most SFF units only get used as gaming or media viewing machines, it's definitely among the most innovative products on display at Computex '05.
Interestingly, when asked how long it will take for these PCs to come to market, Iwill admitted that they were in no rush since "there's no competition". We think the ZMAXd2 was largely a marketing stunt, but we could be wrong. We were told it should be ready to ship by Q4 2005 but we'll see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 2 [ASUS HQ Tour]
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 3 [Scythe and Iwill]
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 4 [FIC and SiS]
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 5 [Foxconn]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series