Scythe is a relatively new manufacturer based out of Japan that focuses primarily on cool and quiet computing. Its stand was small, but there were a number of CPU coolers, GPU coolers, PSUs, and water-cooling units, all of which are fanless. Scythe also had demo systems running at its booth that featured the above cooling products, and while they were warm to the touch, there wasn't one system crash during the gaming demos.
Scythe had some really interesting products on display especially for fans of silent computing and we look forward to hearing more from them in the future.
Iwill told us that they were moving away from the consumer and enthusiast markets, instead concentrating solely on servers and workstations. This was re-iterated by the arrangement of their booth, which was dominated predominantly by enterprise-oriented products. However, one product really caught our eye - the ZMAXd2.
The ZMAXd2 is Iwill's latest SFF PC, boasting not only SLI support but also dual AMD Opteron support. While this may be overkill considering that most SFF units only get used as gaming or media viewing machines, it's definitely among the most innovative products on display at Computex '05.
Interestingly, when asked how long it will take for these PCs to come to market, Iwill admitted that they were in no rush since "there's no competition". We think the ZMAXd2 was largely a marketing stunt, but we could be wrong. We were told it should be ready to ship by Q4 2005 but we'll see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 2 [ASUS HQ Tour]
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 3 [Scythe and Iwill]
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 4 [FIC and SiS]
- Day 3: ASUS HQ Visit and more from the show floor - Page 5 [Foxconn]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon