ASUS had a number of interesting products on display, so many in fact that we couldn't even come close to covering them all.
ASUS has decided not to take sides over the SLI/Crossfire debate, and has motherboard solutions for both platforms. The first image below is of a Crossfire demo system, powered by ASUS' new P5RD2-MVP Deluxe (ATI X200) motherboard. The second image is of the P5ND2-SLI Deluxe board, which is based on the nForce 4 chipset and supports DDR2-800.
There were also two AMD Athlon 64 X2 (dual core) supporting boards on display, namely the A8N-SLI (nForce 4) and the A8V-E SE (VIA K8T800 Pro).
In yesterday's coverage we saw Gigabyte's dual-core VGA card (the 3D1), and today ASUS was displaying a similar solution, the EN6800ULTRA DUAL/2DT/512M (what a mouthful!). This would have to be the largest VGA card we've ever laid eyes on, but its dual 6800 Ultra cores and 1.6ns 512MB DDR3 memory should ensure superb performance. Make sure you've got a decent PSU though, as this baby consumes a minimum of 230W.
The digital home continues to be a prevalent theme of Computex 2005, and ASUS had numerous interested home theatre-related products. The first is the EAX700, which as you can see in the image is a wireless TV-out solution. This has been a long time coming and will definitely be attractive to those that are after a clean, wire-free home theatre setup. The ASUS WiFi TV Card is a more feature-rich version of the EAX700, and features a TV tuner, FM radio, and 802.11a/b/g support.
Next is ASUS' new S-Presso SFF PC, based around the cool and quiet Pentium M platform. We don't have much information on this yet, but we suspect that the low-noise operation will be extremely attractive to those that are looking for a lounge room PC.
ASUS even have a new home entertainment notebook, dubbed the W2V. It includes an analog/digital TV tuner, a Radeon X700 graphics chip and ASUS' Mobile Theatre software.
Finally, ASUS is introducing a new Pocket PC smart phone called the P505. It is based around the Windows Mobile OS, is tri-band GSM 900/1800/1900 and features a 1.3 mega pixel digital camera, 2.8" touch screen and an Intel PXA270 processor.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit