Test System Setup
Processor(s): Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz (800MHz FSB)
Motherboard(s): Gigabyte 8IPE1000 Pro 2
Memory: 2 X 512MB Geil PC3200 2-2-2-5 Platinum (Supplied by Geil USA)
Hard Disk(s): Western Digital Raptor 74GB 10,000 RPM SATA (Supplied by Western Digital)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional SP1
It's been a while since we have been forced to pull an AGP board out of the cabinet but we didn't have much choice this time around as you would assume. We are going to be looking at the performance of the graphics cards here today from both nVidia and ATI with the cards we have mentioned in the previous pages.
We will be testing the cards in our normal array of benchmarks including our synthetic tests and real world tests and we'll have a quick look at the performance of the cards when we start to crank up the AA and AF. The ATI Radeon AGP cards were tested using the Catalyst 4.4 drivers while the nVidia GeForce AGP cards were tested using 71.89 Forceware drivers.
We have split up our graph conclusions into two sections - Mid Range Performance which consists of the X700PRO, 6600GT and the 6800 and then the High End Performance which consists of the X800XL, X850XTs, 6800GT and 6800 Ultra.
We've constructed a graph below which shows you the differences in each card from price to clock speeds:
The data above should give you a decent understanding of where each graphics card sits in terms of price and what is "under the hood", so to speak. Let's get started with our benchmarks!
Version and / or Patch Used: Build 330 SE
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark2001/
3DMark2001 SE is a part of the popular 3DMark series. By combining DirectX 8.1 support with completely new graphics (including the GeForce4), it continues to provide benchmark results that empower you to make informed hardware assessments.
Mid Range Performance - Here in 3DMark2001 SE at the lower resolution we see the X700PRO come out in front, when we move to the higher resolution we clearly see that both of the nVidia offerings are faster.
High End Performance - In the High End sector we see that the ATI cards dominate the nVidia cards across the board and in both resolutions.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- AGP Graphics Cards Compared - Page 1 [Introduction]
- AGP Graphics Cards Compared - Page 2 [ATI Offerings]
- AGP Graphics Cards Compared - Page 3 [nVidia Offerings]
- AGP Graphics Cards Compared - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- AGP Graphics Cards Compared - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03 and 3DMark05]
- AGP Graphics Cards Compared - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- AGP Graphics Cards Compared - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- AGP Graphics Cards Compared - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- AGP Graphics Cards Compared - Page 9 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- AGP Graphics Cards Compared - Page 10 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Capcom reveal Resident Evil 2 Claire 'Military' DLC costume
- Soulcalibur VI - Swords and Souls documentary video part 1/2
- Mario/Zelda/Pokemon themed Smash Bros. Ultimate controllers
- Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots: Twilight Town/Olympus Worlds
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam