The amount of people that have sat down and gently *sighed* I wish there was an Intel version of the nForce chipset would be countless. nVidia entering the chipset market had really given former chip leaders a knock about. The release of the nForce 4 only made those *sighs* louder because all the loyal Intel followers wanted SLI support on the Pentium 4 platform, even if they weren't going to jump on it straight away...at least the option was going to be there.
We might finally have someone to compete with Intel in the enthusiast market. Intel makes great chipsets, there is no denying that but variety is the spice of life especially with SIS and VIA being quiet on the Intel front at the moment. The rumor has been floating around for a long time now that nVidia were going to release an Intel version of the nForce 4 and it became all official a few weeks back. This is one chipset that could have severely impacted the sales of DDR2 memory and PCI Express graphics cards. If people were thinking, "I will wait to see what nVidia bring to the party before I upgrade", we could begin to see an increase in sales towards the middle of this year.
Being a reference board, we are going to be looking at what the Intel Pentium 4 version of the nForce 4 chipset offers, what its performance is like against the 925XE chipset from Intel and give you a general understanding of the new chipset which will help you decide if its worth while moving to the newest Intel player on the market or stick with old faithful.
Throughout the article we'll refer to the nForce 4 Intel Edition as the NF4 IE. This isn't an official abbreviation of the chipset but we like to set trends so let's find out what everyone is calling it in a few months.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 1 [Introduction]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 2 [Technical Specifications]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 3 [Summary of the Chipset]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 4 [New Memory Technology]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 5 [New Memory Technology Continued]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 7 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra 2005]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 9 [Benchmarks - USB and HDD Performance]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 10 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 11 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 12 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- nForce 4 SLI Intel Edition - Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Steam grows to 90 million monthly active users
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- CD Projekt RED's Thronebreaker - 'No plans' for Switch debut
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct