Overclocking with iTURBO
Overclocking both these graphics cards is made easy (and safe) with HIS iTURBO. The piece of software is something we first saw back late last year when HIS sent us their X700 PRO which was capable of reaching X700XT speeds while providing the piece of mind of not loosing your warranty. HIS iTURBO is back again in our labs with the X800XL and X850XT. So what is iTURBO exactly? It is a simple piece of Windows software which allows you to overclock the core and memory within Windows and on-the-fly (no rebooting required). You are also able to monitor temperatures and fan speeds and also adjust fan speed.
With one click of the iTURBO button, the graphics card is overclocked to a pre-determined speed by HIS. For the HIS X850XT, the default clock speeds are 520MHz on the core and 1080MHz on the memory. The overclocked iTURBO speeds are 540MHz on the core and 1180MHz on the memory. For anyone who follows new chips, these speeds match the performance of the more expensive X850XT PE. For the HIS X800XL, the default clock speeds are 400MHz on the core and 980MHz on the memory. The overclocked iTURBO speeds are 432MHz on the core and 1000MHz on the memory.
The HIS X850XT probably receives the most beneficial clock speed increase with 100MHz extra on the memory but the X800XL receives a higher clock speed increase by 13MHz on the core. The reason the X800XL only receives a 20MHz speed increase on the memory is due to the fact that the X800XL uses cheaper (and hence less overclockable) memory than the X850XT.
The thing to remember here is that when you overclock via iTURBO, you aren't voiding your warranty like you would manually overclocking another brand. HIS are one of the first to push this type of thing and we'd love to see more companies follow and provide similar features so users can get more for their buck. On the next few pages we'll provide performance comparisons of the cards at their stock speeds and overclocked speeds.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 1 [Introduction]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 2 [The Package and The Cards]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 3 [Overclocking with iTURBO]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark Series]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Quake 3 Arena]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 8 [Benchmarks - iTURBO Overclocking Results]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 9 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- HIS X850XT and X800XL - Page 10 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mario/Zelda/Pokemon themed Smash Bros. Ultimate controllers
- Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots: Twilight Town/Olympus Worlds
- Zombie outfit/snapshot filters come to Super Mario Odyssey
- ZOTAC's new MEK ULTRA gaming rigs pack GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
- Blizzard to share 'some Diablo-related news at BlizzCon 2018
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam