As we have done in the past, it's now time once again at TweakTown to have a look at some of the other products on the market that make up our PC's. Most of us focus on the processor, motherboard, memory and so on but forget some of the other products that are out there that make up the PC.
One of the biggest things to come out is DVD recorders. With CD's now filling to their limits very quickly with DIVX movies, DVD was simply the most logical step. And hasn't it evolved very quickly.
It took CD-R units years to come down in price, and just as much time for CD-RW to makes its impression and price mark. DVD has plummeted in price at record pace. First with single layer drives, then re-writers now we have Dual Layer drives cheap as chips compared to that of the CD-RW units, you wouldn't think about using them.
Today we are taking a look at two new models that have hit our test labs, one from Gigabyte and one from ASUS. Both are ATAPI Dual Standard and Dual Layer DVD Rewriters with a maximum speed of 16x DVD-R and a 4x DVD+R DL write. Which is worth your money? Let's have a look!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 3 [The Drives]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Recording Results]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 5 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intellivision's new $150 console has online store, new games
- Steam grows to 90 million monthly active users
- Intel M.2 Optane SSD 905P Appears On Newegg
- Soulcalibur VI physical sales crater, the rise of digital
- Dynasty Warriors 9 online and local co-op update/demo Nov 1
- Samsung Bar Plus 256GB Flash Drive Review
- Buffalo Linkstation 520 2-Bay NAS Review
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Palit introduces the reinvented GeForce RTX 2070 Dual
- Cooler Master Unveils the C700P Carbon
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 - Now Available for Order
- SP Launches New Pocket-Sized Power Banks
- Tesla vs Lovecraft Pre-Orders Start on iOS - Release date is 25th Oct