As we have done in the past, it's now time once again at TweakTown to have a look at some of the other products on the market that make up our PC's. Most of us focus on the processor, motherboard, memory and so on but forget some of the other products that are out there that make up the PC.
One of the biggest things to come out is DVD recorders. With CD's now filling to their limits very quickly with DIVX movies, DVD was simply the most logical step. And hasn't it evolved very quickly.
It took CD-R units years to come down in price, and just as much time for CD-RW to makes its impression and price mark. DVD has plummeted in price at record pace. First with single layer drives, then re-writers now we have Dual Layer drives cheap as chips compared to that of the CD-RW units, you wouldn't think about using them.
Today we are taking a look at two new models that have hit our test labs, one from Gigabyte and one from ASUS. Both are ATAPI Dual Standard and Dual Layer DVD Rewriters with a maximum speed of 16x DVD-R and a 4x DVD+R DL write. Which is worth your money? Let's have a look!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 3 [The Drives]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Recording Results]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 5 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate available at this years Evo 2018
- Sony teases 'Tombstone' villain inclusion for Spider-Man PS4
- The Hulk smashes into GTA V with new mod, download available
- Dragon Ball FighterZ for Switch, open beta starts next month
- Epic Games teams with Funko for Fortnite Pop! figurines
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit