As we have done in the past, it's now time once again at TweakTown to have a look at some of the other products on the market that make up our PC's. Most of us focus on the processor, motherboard, memory and so on but forget some of the other products that are out there that make up the PC.
One of the biggest things to come out is DVD recorders. With CD's now filling to their limits very quickly with DIVX movies, DVD was simply the most logical step. And hasn't it evolved very quickly.
It took CD-R units years to come down in price, and just as much time for CD-RW to makes its impression and price mark. DVD has plummeted in price at record pace. First with single layer drives, then re-writers now we have Dual Layer drives cheap as chips compared to that of the CD-RW units, you wouldn't think about using them.
Today we are taking a look at two new models that have hit our test labs, one from Gigabyte and one from ASUS. Both are ATAPI Dual Standard and Dual Layer DVD Rewriters with a maximum speed of 16x DVD-R and a 4x DVD+R DL write. Which is worth your money? Let's have a look!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 2 [Specifications]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 3 [The Drives]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Recording Results]
- Dual Layer DVD Shootout - Page 5 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gaming video to make $4.6 billion in 2017
- Star Wars: Battlefront II campaign will be robust
- EKWB release RGB monoblock for ASUS X399 motherboards
- Cooler Master introduces MasterWatt power supply series
- Microsoft Windows 10 Fall Creators Update available now
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- GTX 1080 Ti 11GB - SLI or NOT !?
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard