2.) Star Wars Battlefront (EA DICE)
The expectations for Star Wars Battlefront were huge. I mean, DICE had just come in off the failure that was Battlefield Hardline, straight into the world of Star Wars. With huge expectations for Star Wars: The Force Awakens, EA and DICE had their work cut out for them. With a little over two years of being in the development oven and the biggest beta in EA's history , Star Wars Battlefront was released - and gamers across the world sighed collectively.
There was no single-player campaign, it felt like a much smaller game than Star Wars: Battlefront II (that gets confusing quick), and the player base died off virtually instantaneously. There are some incredible mods for Star Wars Battlefront, with the 'real life' mod looking absolutely insane at 4K 60FPS. But the player base is the killer for Battlefront, as it has essentially died off already, with it being dominated by the likes of Fallout 4, Valve's Team Fortress 2, and even... Euro Truck Simulator 2.
EA came out fanning the Battlefront flames, with company CFO Blake Jorgensen saying that EA designed Star Wars Battlefront to be "much more accessible product to a wide age group". He added: "Star Wars Battlefront is a first-person shooter, but it is one of the only teen-rated first-person shooters. So, an 8-year-old could play with his father on the couch, as well as a teenager or 20-year-old could play the game and enjoy it. It is more accessible". Jorgensen also said: "And for the hardcore, it may not have the depth that they wanted in the game".
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Number 5 - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (Ubisoft)]
- Page 3 [Number 4 - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Activision)]
- Page 4 [Number 3 - The Witcher 3 (CD Projekt RED)]
- Page 5 [Number 2 - Star Wars Battlefront (EA DICE)]
- Page 6 [Number 1 - Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros.)]
- Page 7 [Let's Hope 2016 is a Better Year for Gaming]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- Gabe Newell is the 427th richest person in the world
- Sharp NES TV: a curious piece of 1980s gaming magic
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard