4.) Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
The Call of Duty franchise reached its peak with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and since then Activision has been milking it dry. The release of Black Ops 3 was surrounded with issues, as usual, with the PC version being completely FUBAR for a while. Treyarch went as far as telling gamers to mess around with the .ini file (yes, really) to get the performance up to a playable level, as the studio noted that there were "very low frame rates" on "certain [Intel Core] i5 CPUs".
On the official Black Ops 3 forums, as well as the Steam Community forums, gamers complained about a large range of issues. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 wasn't launching properly, or at all, and if it launched, they were stuck at the main menu where they couldn't select anything. Performance wise, even owners of kick-ass GPUs like the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti were left hopeless, and CPU usage was maxing out at 100%, even on high-end Core i7 processors.
Activision pushed out a 520MB patch for Black Ops 3, which was aimed at providing performance improvements. The patch promised "bug fixes and performance issues", and has so far helped. Even though the game made $550 million in the first 72 hours, these sorts of issues shouldn't be happening with a game of this magnitude.
In one of my news posts, I said: "Get your crap together already - this should also apply to all other game developers. It's 2015; these issues shouldn't be happening on launch" and this entire article is an extension of this opinion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Number 5 - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (Ubisoft)]
- Page 3 [Number 4 - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Activision)]
- Page 4 [Number 3 - The Witcher 3 (CD Projekt RED)]
- Page 5 [Number 2 - Star Wars Battlefront (EA DICE)]
- Page 6 [Number 1 - Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros.)]
- Page 7 [Let's Hope 2016 is a Better Year for Gaming]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Blizzard announces full Overwatch League teams
- NieR: Automata shipped and sold over 2 million copies
- New Red Dead Redemption 2 updates coming next week
- Vivendi may take over Ubisoft in November
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 32, RX Vega 28 rumored to be coming
- Upgrading USB ports on top of case
- Areca ARC-8050T3 12-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID DAS Review
- GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 can't change multiplier past 38, can't change turbo ratio with i5 3570k
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Using Netgear wndr3700 as router extender problem
- AOC announces retail availability of AGON curved QHD gaming monitor
- Seasonic presents the PRIME Ultra power supplies
- EVGA announces GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE video card
- G.Skill releases AMD Ryzen-optimized Trident Z RGB DDR4 memory
- Hear the difference feel the beat of the DRUM