4.) Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
The Call of Duty franchise reached its peak with Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, and since then Activision has been milking it dry. The release of Black Ops 3 was surrounded with issues, as usual, with the PC version being completely FUBAR for a while. Treyarch went as far as telling gamers to mess around with the .ini file (yes, really) to get the performance up to a playable level, as the studio noted that there were "very low frame rates" on "certain [Intel Core] i5 CPUs".
On the official Black Ops 3 forums, as well as the Steam Community forums, gamers complained about a large range of issues. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 wasn't launching properly, or at all, and if it launched, they were stuck at the main menu where they couldn't select anything. Performance wise, even owners of kick-ass GPUs like the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti were left hopeless, and CPU usage was maxing out at 100%, even on high-end Core i7 processors.
Activision pushed out a 520MB patch for Black Ops 3, which was aimed at providing performance improvements. The patch promised "bug fixes and performance issues", and has so far helped. Even though the game made $550 million in the first 72 hours, these sorts of issues shouldn't be happening with a game of this magnitude.
In one of my news posts, I said: "Get your crap together already - this should also apply to all other game developers. It's 2015; these issues shouldn't be happening on launch" and this entire article is an extension of this opinion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Number 5 - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate (Ubisoft)]
- Page 3 [Number 4 - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Activision)]
- Page 4 [Number 3 - The Witcher 3 (CD Projekt RED)]
- Page 5 [Number 2 - Star Wars Battlefront (EA DICE)]
- Page 6 [Number 1 - Batman: Arkham Knight (Warner Bros.)]
- Page 7 [Let's Hope 2016 is a Better Year for Gaming]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ghostbusters 3 set for Summer 2020, teaser trailer released
- EA cancelled new Star Wars game to work on smaller project
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- Death Stranding demo leaves Guerrilla Games 'so impressed'
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!