Don't Worry, There's No Adam Sandler Here, Folks
Displays are exciting as they are, with gaming displays reaching 144/165Hz with AMD FreeSync and NVIDIA G-Sync technology inside, and then we have the huge push for UltraWide displays ushering in up to 3440x1440 of pure gaming bliss. But where to from here? It's not just gaming, as professional monitors are a very important part of the market, and so is the cinema/HT market.
This is where HDR or High Dynamic Range comes into play with the Radeon Technologies Group saying that "we need more than pixels", and it's true. We can't just continue driving into 5K, and then 6K, 8K, 12K and so on. We need other technologies that improve the color reproduction and detail, and this is something HDR will deliver.
RTG is 'chasing the human vision system', where with the current SDR technology we're not seeing all of the human dynamic range. The human eye of capable of seeing the full spectrum of colors and contrast, but displays bake this down into what you see - and HDR is capable of far more than that.
How will RTG achieve this with Radeon graphics? High-Performance Tonemapping Algorithm is one part of it, which you can see above.
AMD's internal R&D is working on enabling HDR support for Radeon GPUs in 2016, something that will include the Radeon R9 300 series and the new 2016 Radeon GPUs. RTG is hoping to see mass market displays sporting HDR technology in the second half of 2016.
AMD also noted that they are working to get workstation and PC gaming into HDR in 2016, adding that Hollywood already has "end-to-end content" with HDR.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction - Welcome to Sonoma, California]
- Page 2 [DisplayPort 1.3 Allows For 4K @ 120Hz + 1440p @ 240Hz]
- Page 3 [HDR - RTG says 'We Need More Than Pixels']
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Top 10 Twilight Zone episodes
- New Twilight Zone trailer is full of classic throwbacks
- Apex Legends wall running, Titan mechs possibly on the way
- First PC mods available on Xbox One through 'Paradox Mods'
- OVERKILL's The Walking Dead pre-order refunded, NOT canceled
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure