High Quality AA and AF
All tests with were ran with 6 times FSAA and 8 times Antistrophic Filtering enabled.
1024x768 was chosen as it is still the preferred playable resolution with these settings enabled.
We again see an excellent jump in performance with the latest drivers.
Again we see that we get a performance increase in IDs latest masterpiece but while 35FPS is considered playable with it being an average you would find that it would drop to the 20s making quite an unplayable experience.
It looks like AA and AF will be left off for Doom 3 players at the moment (at least with the X700).
Again we see a huge jump backwards for some reason.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 1 [Introduction and Release Notes]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark2001 SE]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03 & 3DMark05]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 6 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Catalyst 5.2 Performance Analysis - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Fantasy XV PC mods can be whimsical and absurd
- Atari gets into crypto, offers Atari Token and Pong Token
- AMD offers free Ryzen APU so owners can flash their firmware
- SanDisk now shipping 400GB microSD card, pumps 100MB/sec
- System Shock reboot on 'hiatus' after raising $1.35 million
- MSI Z370 TOMAHAWK (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Apricorn Aegis Fortress 128GB SSD Review
- Scythe Grand Kama Cross 3 CPU Cooler Review
- OWC ThunderBlade V4 4TB Review
- SuperMicro C7Z370-CG-IW (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit