S-L-I...the three letters on the tip of every computer enthusiasts tongue at the moment. Love or Hate PCI Express, it is here to stay and with it we are seeing leaps and bounds in technology with the biggest deal so far being SLI or Scalable Link Interface.
We will be today looking at two GeForce 6800 Ultra graphics cards from nVidia which take advantage of the highly anticipated SLI configuration. We will be running all our normal synthetic and Real World game tests but we will also be doing something a little different with our tests results today. While everyone is getting excited about SLI in gaming we go further and see how it impacts our overall system performance at all - is memory bandwidth not as good or is the processor not scoring as well in PCMark. We will be looking at this as well as just what kind of difference two graphics cards gives us...the same kind of performance as a twin turbo vehicle or a let down?
We won't be looking at the graphics cards but simply just having a quick look at what exactly SLI is, what it stands for, how it works and everything else we think is important and get straight into the benchmarking to see what an extra $400 gives us and the upgrade to the nForce 4 SLI chipset.
The heat is turned up Down Under in our hot Aussie summer and even hotter in our testing labs - let's get down to business and see what SLI can really offer us with two nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra's.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- SLI - Page 1 [Introduction]
- SLI - Page 2 [What is SLI? AFR and SFR]
- SLI - Page 3 [What parts do I need?]
- SLI - Page 4 [Supported Games and Setting up an SLI system]
- SLI - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup & 3DMark2001 SE]
- SLI - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- SLI - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- SLI - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- SLI - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- SLI - Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- SLI - Page 11 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- SLI - Page 12 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- SLI - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warframe: Fortuna the Profit-Taker debuts to PC, out now
- Steam Winter Sale starts Dec 20th, Award Nominees released
- Switch beats Xbox One/PS4 sales from: March 2017-Nov 2018
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: 3 million units sold in 11 days
- Analyst: Cyberpunk 2077 out in Q4 2019, will sell 19m copies
- this may build your hardness and stamina
- MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z390 Taichi Ultimate stuck on Error Code 55
- Z77, using sound card and onboard sound
- AdMaster: 79% of China advertisers to increase digital marketing spend in 2019
- Safety Laser Scanner Market Worth $406 Million by 2023 - Exclusive Report by MarketsandMarkets
- Archer Ascension Now Available in Black Desert Online SEA
- Back to Ubersreik DLC is now available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4
- Ark: Survival Evolved Transformed Into A Winter Wonderland With The Arrival Of Raptor Claus