S-L-I...the three letters on the tip of every computer enthusiasts tongue at the moment. Love or Hate PCI Express, it is here to stay and with it we are seeing leaps and bounds in technology with the biggest deal so far being SLI or Scalable Link Interface.
We will be today looking at two GeForce 6800 Ultra graphics cards from nVidia which take advantage of the highly anticipated SLI configuration. We will be running all our normal synthetic and Real World game tests but we will also be doing something a little different with our tests results today. While everyone is getting excited about SLI in gaming we go further and see how it impacts our overall system performance at all - is memory bandwidth not as good or is the processor not scoring as well in PCMark. We will be looking at this as well as just what kind of difference two graphics cards gives us...the same kind of performance as a twin turbo vehicle or a let down?
We won't be looking at the graphics cards but simply just having a quick look at what exactly SLI is, what it stands for, how it works and everything else we think is important and get straight into the benchmarking to see what an extra $400 gives us and the upgrade to the nForce 4 SLI chipset.
The heat is turned up Down Under in our hot Aussie summer and even hotter in our testing labs - let's get down to business and see what SLI can really offer us with two nVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra's.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- SLI - Page 1 [Introduction]
- SLI - Page 2 [What is SLI? AFR and SFR]
- SLI - Page 3 [What parts do I need?]
- SLI - Page 4 [Supported Games and Setting up an SLI system]
- SLI - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup & 3DMark2001 SE]
- SLI - Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- SLI - Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- SLI - Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- SLI - Page 9 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- SLI - Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- SLI - Page 11 [Benchmarks - SiSoft Sandra]
- SLI - Page 12 [Benchmarks - PCMark 2002]
- SLI - Page 13 [Benchmarks - Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- God of War Special Edition runes translated, see the truth
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia new cinematic trailer
- Netflix's The Witcher TV show confirms 8 ep first season
- Brave Software lands deal with Dow Jones Media Group
- GeForce GTX 1180 alleged specs, beats the $1200 TITAN Xp
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit