Note: There is no perfect way of measuring VRAM consumption. We've used GPU-Z to measure the VRAM consumption, but GPU-Z only reports the amount of VRAM the game has requested to use at any given time, and not the actual VRAM being used at that time. It's close, but it's not precise.
For our testing, we found that the most VRAM intensive game is Grand Theft Auto V using a huge 6.1GB of VRAM. Coming in second was Shadow of Mordor consuming 5.4GB while Battlefield 4 used 4.1GB. In all of these games, the Fury X cards were exhibiting bad stuttering, as we were blowing way past the 4GB of framebuffer on AMD's card.
NVIDIA's Maxwell architecture is much more power efficient compared to AMD's Fiji architecture, even with the power savings that HBM provides to the Fury X. Given that, take a look at the power consumption numbers yourself.
NVIDIA's GeForce GTX Titan X cards in SLI are using around 540W of power, compared to the 530W used by the Fury X - a 10W win to AMD. With the single-card solution, the Titan X beats the Fury X by quite a margin - 50W to be exact.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Testing Method]
- Page 2 [Just How Many Pixels Are We Rendering at 11,520 x 2160?]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Synthetic @ 11,520 x 2160]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 11,520 x 2160]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- China is not #1: bans Fortnite, PUBG, and other games
- Overwatch gets into the festive spirit with its new update
- NASA wants to help save Tony Stark in Avengers: Endgame
- Nintendo optimistic on 20 million Switch sales target
- Bethesda celebrates 25 years of Doom's demon-slaying havoc
- Fallout 76 Review: Atomic Waste
- My Asus TUF FX504GD (a gaming laptop) crashes everytime I launch high end games
- OWC Thunderbolt 3 Dock 14-Port Review
- AORUS LED i2c control?
- 1stPlayer Bullet Hunter MK6 Gaming Keyboard Review
- Load Up and Get Necrolyzed, GUNGRAVE VR Launches for PlayStation VR Today
- En Masse Entertainment Catches and Releases the 'BAF Masters' Update on TERA PC, Live Alongside Wintera Events Today
- 'MK Kollective' to Relaunch with Original Content from New Ambassadors in Celebration of Mortal Kombat 11
- Forge A Path To Survival In Left Alive
- SAIRENTO VR slashes onto PSVR early 2019