Performance at 11,520 x 2160
I'm an enthusiast who loves 60FPS+ gaming, anything below this isn't good enough. If you're going to be spending close to $10,000 on a gaming PC you're going to want to hit at least 60FPS, right? Well, even with four of the fastest GPUs on the planet, you're not going to be able to do that in most games at 11,520 x 2160 with the details maxed out.
Battlefield 4 gets close, with three cards hitting 57FPS average while 4-way Fury X reaches 69FPS average. This is more than playable, but if you drop the detail level down to medium the VRAM doesn't get completely saturated, and the entire experience is much better, hovering at around 100FPS average.
GRID: Autosport is a little better on the cards, but the scaling beyond 2-way is useless. Moving onto Metro: Last Light Redux - no amount of Fury X cards can maintain 30FPS let alone 60FPS. But, the VRAM consumption is a big problem with that, something we're going to talk about soon.
I didn't expect Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor to be any better, as the game requires 6GB of VRAM to function with everything cranked up to maximum. We see a great improvement moving to a 2-way CF setup, but beyond that the performance is much worse. We see a slight uptick in performance with the 4-way CF over 3-way, but it's poorer performance than with 2-way Fury X.
Tomb Raider always scales incredibly well on multi-GPU setups, with the 4-way Radeon R9 Fury X at 11,520 x 2160 being no exception. It's the best example of multi-GPU, multi-monitor gaming and how well it can scale. We have nearly perfect scaling with four cards in CrossFire on our triple 4K setup.
Grand Theft Auto V was best with just one card, with our VRAM being utterly exhausted, the minimum FPS is just 0FPS on all configurations. The performance begins to worsen every time a card is added, which is something you can't get around right now.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Just How Many Pixels Are We Rendering at 11,520 x 2160?]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Synthetic @ 11,520 x 2160]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 11,520 x 2160]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- THQ Nordic to revive old-school Nickelodeon games
- WhatsApp co-founder tells the world to delete Facebook
- Iron Harvest smashes through Kickstarter goal, $1m is close
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 PC sales hit life-time revenue mark
- Dragon Ball FighterZ - Broly/Bardock DLC release date unveil
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit