Fixed in this driver:
* Men of Valor: Buffering issues are no longer noticed when playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 8500 or 9100 series installed
* Myst URU Ages Beyond Myst: Attempting to turn 180 degrees and head towards the barb wire fence displayed within the game no longer results in the system failing to respond. This issue is known to occur under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON X800 XT Platinum Edition installed.
* Richard Burns Rally: Playing the game under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON 8500/9100/9200 series installed no longer results in the trees flickering
* Sid Meier's Pirates: Enabling Anti-aliasing no longer results in video flicker being noticed when starting the game
* Playing an mpeg using the media player found in Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 no longer results in the ATI VPU Recovery failing if it is disabled and then re-enabled
* Connecting a TV and a monitor to an ATI RADEON X800 series and having the TV set as the primary display device no longer no longer results in the Video Mode remaining checked when switching to a resolution which is not supported
* Intermittent desktop corruption is no longer noticed when enabling or disabling a secondary display device
* Dragging or resizing the Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 window no longer results in a VPU recovery when playing video on an HDTV
* Running Maya under Windows XP with an ATI RADEON X800 series installed no longer results in display corruption being noticed when moving the mouse
* Attempting to add a custom timing specification such as; 960x724 for the HDTV device properties page, no longer results in the custom timing not being added to the HDTV resolution menu list.
* An error message is no longer displayed when attempting to switch a secondary display device back to the primary display device when using the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER
* Installing the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER under the Windows XP operating system (French version) now results in the localized French version being installed
* The text now changes and provides the correct information when changing the slider position for CATALYST AI
* The Restore Factory Default option is now working for all sub-aspects found in the CATALYST CONTROL CENTER 3D tab
Drivers for X.org 6.8 are now provided
x86_64 drivers now available for XFree86 4.3 and X.org 6.8
o Second head in Dual Head system is no longer corrupt during login screen
o Display corruption is no longer seen when switching between X-Windows and the Linux text console, and back to X-Windows
o Video playback in Dual Head mode no longer results in an error message being displayed, or the player failing to start
o PCI-Express systems no longer hang after running 3D Applications for long periods
o 3D Applications no longer hang on RHEL 3.0 with 1GB or more memory installed
o XVideo overlay is once again available in Dual Head Mode
o A "drm.h: No such file or directory" error message no longer occurs when compiling the fglrx kernel module
o Stopping and restarting the X server no longer results in memory leaks or hangs on PCI-Express systems
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Catalyst 5.1 Performance Analysis - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Catalyst 5.1 Performance Analysis - Page 2 [Release Notes]
- Catalyst 5.1 Performance Analysis - Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark01]
- Catalyst 5.1 Performance Analysis - Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark03]
- Catalyst 5.1 Performance Analysis - Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Catalyst 5.1 Performance Analysis - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Catalyst 5.1 Performance Analysis - Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Catalyst 5.1 Performance Analysis - Page 8 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Catalyst 5.1 Performance Analysis - Page 9 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NVIDIA wants retailers to sell to gamers, not crypto miners
- SK Hynix announces GDDR6, offers up to 14Gbps of bandwidth
- Nintendo shows off most downloaded eShop games
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- NVIDIA's next-gen TITAN X should rock 16GB GDDR6 at 14Gbps
- SuperData Analyst Interview on Call of Duty: WWII Success
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series